The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MEK TRIAL VS YEROY- HELP

Forums General Melanoma Community MEK TRIAL VS YEROY- HELP

Participant

Hello all…

Got a big decision to make…and I'm looking for some advice.  I am stage 4. met in my lungs and abdomen, all over really. I just finished taking the BRAF Plexxicon drug in august, since being off the drug the mets have gone crazy and are increasing rapidly. I am BRAF V600K,  not V600E so they think thats why I may not have responded to the Plexxicon.  I was just rejected at the NIH for the TIL trial. So now my options are to start the MEK trial or start on Yeroy.

Hello all…

Got a big decision to make…and I'm looking for some advice.  I am stage 4. met in my lungs and abdomen, all over really. I just finished taking the BRAF Plexxicon drug in august, since being off the drug the mets have gone crazy and are increasing rapidly. I am BRAF V600K,  not V600E so they think thats why I may not have responded to the Plexxicon.  I was just rejected at the NIH for the TIL trial. So now my options are to start the MEK trial or start on Yeroy.

The trial doctor doesn't have any stats on teh MEK except to tell me that people that did not respond to the Plexxicon did respond to the MEK, but couldn't tell me much more.

My oncologist tells me to start Yeroy that I need something different than a BRAF drug. I'm concerned about the Yeroy as it is very toxic and that the response rates are so low. I was told today that the overal survival was 2.1 months but that others, less than 10% of the people were out 1-3 years.

If I take the Yeroy now, it basically exculedes me from any trials at this time if it doesn't work. All I got left is chemo and we all know this doesn't have great results.

I progressed slightly on the Plexxicon (2011)

Did not respong to IL-2(2011)

Did not respong to Interferon (2009)

Soo I'll take any suggestions, advice, stories.. anything… HELP!!!

Kris

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bonnie Lea
        Participant

Hello Kris   I cannot help nor give advice.  But maybe if you were able to post on our other board  there are many there who can and will help you

Bonnie Lea

Bonnie Lea
          Participant

Hello Kris   I cannot help nor give advice.  But maybe if you were able to post on our other board  there are many there who can and will help you

Bonnie Lea

FormerCaregiver
            Participant

Kris, you have posted this in the off-topic forum. Not many people visit this forum at
              the moment, as it is for things that aren't directly related to melanoma. Therefore, it
              would be good if you could post in the main forum instead. See:
              http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page

Sorry to read that you have stopped responding to the BRAF inhibitor. I feel that Yervoy
              is not especially toxic and most people are able to tolerate it quiet well. Many people
              think that it is worth trying, and some have had good results with it.

Please don't worry about statistics, as they are really only a rough indicator of what
              might happen. Many people in the main forum continue to defy statistics at all stages of
              melanoma.

Hope to read your response in the main forum.

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
              Participant

Kris, you have posted this in the off-topic forum. Not many people visit this forum at
                the moment, as it is for things that aren't directly related to melanoma. Therefore, it
                would be good if you could post in the main forum instead. See:
                http://www.melanoma.org/community/mpip-melanoma-patients-information-page

Sorry to read that you have stopped responding to the BRAF inhibitor. I feel that Yervoy
                is not especially toxic and most people are able to tolerate it quiet well. Many people
                think that it is worth trying, and some have had good results with it.

Please don't worry about statistics, as they are really only a rough indicator of what
                might happen. Many people in the main forum continue to defy statistics at all stages of
                melanoma.

Hope to read your response in the main forum.

Frank from Australia

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics