The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Mek Inhibitor vs Ippy

Forums General Melanoma Community Mek Inhibitor vs Ippy

Participant

Any have any thought with thesewo treatments

Any have any thought with thesewo treatments

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        W.
        Participant

Both are relatively new treatments and more promising than traditional chemo treatments.

Inhibitors typically work faster (something VERY fast) and do have a relatively high response rates for those patients that have certain mutations in their tumors. Side effects are often mild, but can be serious (e.g. joint pain).

IPI works by modifying the immune response. It offers a better chance for long-time response but overall has lower response rate (I believe). I think so far it is the only treatment that was proven to be more effective than traditional chemo.

God luck with your decision!

vickirs
            Participant

Hi Drew

Have you not made up your mind yet.  Talk to Dr Lewis or Gonzalez if you are still in doubt.  Had my infusion of IPI yesterday and everything went fine. It was really nice meeting you. 

Vicki

vickirs
              Participant

Hi Drew

Have you not made up your mind yet.  Talk to Dr Lewis or Gonzalez if you are still in doubt.  Had my infusion of IPI yesterday and everything went fine. It was really nice meeting you. 

Vicki

W.
              Participant

Both are relatively new treatments and more promising than traditional chemo treatments.

Inhibitors typically work faster (something VERY fast) and do have a relatively high response rates for those patients that have certain mutations in their tumors. Side effects are often mild, but can be serious (e.g. joint pain).

IPI works by modifying the immune response. It offers a better chance for long-time response but overall has lower response rate (I believe). I think so far it is the only treatment that was proven to be more effective than traditional chemo.

God luck with your decision!

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics