The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MEK combo-anyone not having side effects?

Forums General Melanoma Community MEK combo-anyone not having side effects?

Participant

I have been on Mekenist/Tafinlar combo for about 2 weeks and have been suprised (and thankful) that I do not have any side effects.  I was told the first 6-8 weeks would be rough until my body adjusted to it.  I ran a slight fever the first day, but since then I have felt good.  I have read some literature that says you won't feel side effects until a month. I am just curious if there is anyone who has had this same experience or is it too early to tell? Thanks,

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Mat
        Participant

Yes, I was on the combo for 18 months+ and had few (and manageable) side effects.  Good luck.

rabbits68
            Participant

Good to hear.  I am so thankful.  I didnt feel good on yervoy an so far this has been easy. Thanks for the input.

newmanmark
              Participant

I have been on this combo for one week now and have had zero side effects.

newmanmark
                Participant

newmanmark
                  Participant

rabbits68
                    Participant

Good to hear.  I am so thankful.  I didnt feel good on yervoy an so far this has been easy. Thanks for the input.

rabbits68
                      Participant

Mat
                      Participant

Yes, I was on the combo for 18 months+ and had few (and manageable) side effects.  Good luck.

Mat
                        Participant

MattF
                          Participant

I was on it for about 8 months before it failed.

i would say it took about a month to feel my first fever…then they passed and I really just had upset tummy after that.

rabbits68
                              Participant

If you don't mind my asking, Did you see any regression on the drugs?  What consitutes failure? This is only the second course of treatment for me since surgery. Yervoy caused more metastasis,  which was disappointing. 

rabbits68
                                Participant

If you don't mind my asking, Did you see any regression on the drugs?  What consitutes failure? This is only the second course of treatment for me since surgery. Yervoy caused more metastasis,  which was disappointing. 

rabbits68
                                  Participant

MattF
                                  Participant

i would say it took about a month to feel my first fever…then they passed and I really just had upset tummy after that.

MattF
                                    Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics