The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MDX-1105 – anybody on it?

Forums General Melanoma Community MDX-1105 – anybody on it?

Participant

Dave decided today to wait to start IPI – and his oncologist agreed.  Khushalani believes that the new mets, although numerous, are tiny, and that he has time to see if he can get into a clinical trial.  After speaking with his mel cohorts, he agreed the anti-pd1/pdl-1s were his best bet.  Our first stop is with Dr.

Dave decided today to wait to start IPI – and his oncologist agreed.  Khushalani believes that the new mets, although numerous, are tiny, and that he has time to see if he can get into a clinical trial.  After speaking with his mel cohorts, he agreed the anti-pd1/pdl-1s were his best bet.  Our first stop is with Dr. Ma at Roswell, who is doing the MDX-1105 trial.  This also happened to be my brother Mike's doctor when he was still with us.  I liked the way he treated my brother (who was borderline mentally handicapped), who had absolutely no hope, but tried everything he could, knowing Mike wanted to keep trying.  Then on Thursday of next week we travel to University of Pitt's Hillman Cancer Center to see Dr. Tahrini, to see if they have anything to offer him.  Either way, we walked out of this appointment with some hope – and that can go along way.

I know how the studies on the 1106 are going, but is anybody doing the 1105?

Please keep your fingers crossed –

Maria

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        killmel
        Participant

I am glad you are feeling hopeful. Is this the trial for MDX 1105 anti-pdl-1 that you are considering. This is NOT a anti-PD1 trial.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00729664

This PHASE 1 trial has been going  since 2008 for "selected advanced or recurrent solid tumors." It is my understanding that melanoma is only one of the cancers being tested.  Since this trial has been going of for years, perhaps your doctor knows how patients are doing with this drug.

I am not sure the difference between anti-pd1 vs anti-pdl1. Perhaps Jimmy B can explain the difference.

Good Luck

killmel
            Participant

Maria,

Do you know what the protocol for this trial is?? Do you need to do a biopsy to qualify for this trial??

Doug

MeNDave
              Participant

You do not need a biopsy for mutation testing.  It is an anti-pdl1 drug.  From how Dave's oncologist described it, the anti-pd1 is like a bolt – and the anti-pdl1 is the nut.  With out the both of them, they don't work – so if you disrupt one, it allows the immune system to attack it.

The main criteria for this is no previous monoclonal antibodies, which would include IPI or any other anti-pd1 drug.  It is a multicenter trial, so if you click on the link above, you should be able to find out if it's in your area.  As far as numbers reported for response rates, we'll see if we can get that out the trial doc.

MeNDave
                Participant

You do not need a biopsy for mutation testing.  It is an anti-pdl1 drug.  From how Dave's oncologist described it, the anti-pd1 is like a bolt – and the anti-pdl1 is the nut.  With out the both of them, they don't work – so if you disrupt one, it allows the immune system to attack it.

The main criteria for this is no previous monoclonal antibodies, which would include IPI or any other anti-pd1 drug.  It is a multicenter trial, so if you click on the link above, you should be able to find out if it's in your area.  As far as numbers reported for response rates, we'll see if we can get that out the trial doc.

MeNDave
                  Participant

killmel
                    Participant

Maria,

Do you know what the protocol for this trial is?? Do you need to do a biopsy to qualify for this trial??

Doug

killmel
                      Participant

Maria,

Doug

killmel
                      Participant

I am glad you are feeling hopeful. Is this the trial for MDX 1105 anti-pdl-1 that you are considering. This is NOT a anti-PD1 trial.

This PHASE 1 trial has been going  since 2008 for "selected advanced or recurrent solid tumors." It is my understanding that melanoma is only one of the cancers being tested.  Since this trial has been going of for years, perhaps your doctor knows how patients are doing with this drug.

I am not sure the difference between anti-pd1 vs anti-pdl1. Perhaps Jimmy B can explain the difference.

Good Luck

killmel
                        Participant

Good Luck

Viewing 2 reply threads
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics