The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

MD Anderson/this week

Forums General Melanoma Community MD Anderson/this week

Participant
      Phil and I are headed to MD Anderson this week for our first appointment on Thursday, so if anyone is around and wants to grab tea/lunch please let us know. I think JanOC and Robyn44 might be around, if we overlap days and can get together great! First time to Houston, so hope it goes well and we get offered some effective treatment. Leaving our two young children at home, so a little stressful and sad, thank God for family members who Love them. We would love to connect with other warriors in the fight, our recent battle with brain mets has been scary, but currently manageable.

Phil and I are headed to MD Anderson this week for our first appointment on Thursday, so if anyone is around and wants to grab tea/lunch please let us know. I think JanOC and Robyn44 might be around, if we overlap days and can get together great! First time to Houston, so hope it goes well and we get offered some effective treatment. Leaving our two young children at home, so a little stressful and sad, thank God for family members who Love them. We would love to connect with other warriors in the fight, our recent battle with brain mets has been scary, but currently manageable. I take iPad so will check emails daily, [email protected]. Blessings to all, Valerie (Phil’s wife)

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        robyn44
        Participant

Valerie- I just arrived in Houston and will be here until at leasy Wed. Who are you guys seeing here. If you need any help navigating MDA just yell. I will be in Brain and Spine Center today(mon.) anfd Tues. I know it is hard to leave the kids. I leave mine with husband and sister. They have adjusted well to the routine, although they both get upset if anyone mentions "Houston". ! If we don't connect I hope things fo well for you. My team here has bben amazing. I have a new neurosurgeon but so far he has been great. Take Care- Robyn

Phil S
            Participant
              Robyn. Our first appointment is Thursday, so it looks like we will miss you this trip, but thanks so much for the post as it’s clear you have confidence in your team at MD Anderson. We actually have your doctor Dr Hwu, and we meet her for the first time this week. Best of luck to you on your MRI and please stay in touch. Valerie
              sharmon
              Participant
                Hi, Brent and I are in Houston now, He is at the hospital now for blood work and scans. We will be here till Wednesday morning. I would love to meet sometime tomorrow. Our Dr. Falchook is in targeted theraphy. Let me know!
                sharmon
                Participant
                  Hi, Brent and I are in Houston now, He is at the hospital now for blood work and scans. We will be here till Wednesday morning. I would love to meet sometime tomorrow. Our Dr. Falchook is in targeted theraphy. Let me know!
                  sharmon
                  Participant
                    JerryfromFauq
                    Participant

Hello, Tell Wen Jen that Jerry Ellis from Northern Virginia is still stable on Gleevec and that I have missed her last two trips to the DC area due to family activities, but think of her often!

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

Hello, Tell Wen Jen that Jerry Ellis from Northern Virginia is still stable on Gleevec and that I have missed her last two trips to the DC area due to family activities, but think of her often!

JerryfromFauq
                        Participant

robyn44
                          Participant

Valerie- Hope things are going well so far for you guys. MRI showed area of recent bleed has grown sig. so back on the 15th for 6th crani! Hope your news is better! let mwe know how it goes and if you connected well with Dr. Hwu! There was not much she was able to offer today with this recent event, yet she spent over an hour with me just talking and planning for the start of Zelboraf. Hope you find her as supportive as I do. Take Care= Robyn

Phil S
                            Participant
                              Robyn. I am so sorry to see your news on the recent MRI. Phil is also having tough day, sick to stomach, generally weak which is unusual for him. Hope it’s just the last day of radiation side effects and things start improving tomorrow as we have long flight to Houston, with layover in Baltimore. You are so strong and have a great attitude, you will fly thru another brain surgery, plus it’s great that you have options for treatment like Zelboraf. Please stay in touch, we may still be in Houston on the week of your surgery so would love to meet you, it’s always good to support others in the battle! Take good care and God bless, Valerie
                              Phil S
                              Participant
                                Robyn. I am so sorry to see your news on the recent MRI. Phil is also having tough day, sick to stomach, generally weak which is unusual for him. Hope it’s just the last day of radiation side effects and things start improving tomorrow as we have long flight to Houston, with layover in Baltimore. You are so strong and have a great attitude, you will fly thru another brain surgery, plus it’s great that you have options for treatment like Zelboraf. Please stay in touch, we may still be in Houston on the week of your surgery so would love to meet you, it’s always good to support others in the battle! Take good care and God bless, Valerie
                                Phil S
                                Participant
                                  robyn44
                                  Participant

Valerie- Hope things are going well so far for you guys. MRI showed area of recent bleed has grown sig. so back on the 15th for 6th crani! Hope your news is better! let mwe know how it goes and if you connected well with Dr. Hwu! There was not much she was able to offer today with this recent event, yet she spent over an hour with me just talking and planning for the start of Zelboraf. Hope you find her as supportive as I do. Take Care= Robyn

robyn44
                                    Participant

Phil S
                                      Participant
                                        Robyn. Our first appointment is Thursday, so it looks like we will miss you this trip, but thanks so much for the post as it’s clear you have confidence in your team at MD Anderson. We actually have your doctor Dr Hwu, and we meet her for the first time this week. Best of luck to you on your MRI and please stay in touch. Valerie
                                        Phil S
                                        Participant
                                        robyn44
                                        Participant

Valerie- I just arrived in Houston and will be here until at leasy Wed. Who are you guys seeing here. If you need any help navigating MDA just yell. I will be in Brain and Spine Center today(mon.) anfd Tues. I know it is hard to leave the kids. I leave mine with husband and sister. They have adjusted well to the routine, although they both get upset if anyone mentions "Houston". ! If we don't connect I hope things fo well for you. My team here has bben amazing. I have a new neurosurgeon but so far he has been great. Take Care- Robyn

robyn44
                                          Participant

deeczar
                                            Participant

Hi  new to this place.. going to Md Anderson for the first time this week ..also have appointment on thursday..getting nervous Dee

deeczar
                                              Participant

Hi  new to this place.. going to Md Anderson for the first time this week ..also have appointment on thursday..getting nervous Dee

deeczar
                                                Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics