The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Marijuana does It help?

Forums General Melanoma Community Marijuana does It help?

Participant

My doctor just told me that there is no evidence to show it is of value.  Anyone have any good studies saying otherwise?

Viewing 14 reply threads
    • Replies
        jennunicorn
        Participant

Until the federal government allows it, there will be no clinical studies of whether cannabis has any affect on cancer and other diseases. Only random people's stories and non federally regulated sudies that you find online, which I'd take with a grain of salt. 

jennunicorn
          Participant

Until the federal government allows it, there will be no clinical studies of whether cannabis has any affect on cancer and other diseases. Only random people's stories and non federally regulated sudies that you find online, which I'd take with a grain of salt. 

jennunicorn
            Participant

Polymath
              Participant

Hi jpg,

Most doctors will simply say it does not hurt.  Whether you are shooting for high THC content to relieve pain, achieve relaxation, reduced anxiety, or increased appetite, then it appears you can use without doing any harm or interfering with other medications.  Many believe the high CBD varieties offer more a medical improvement, but as everyone knows, there really are no substantial studies to support that, and again, its likely to do no harm.  The mistake someone may make is relying on either as a replacement for proven remedies based on anecdotal and passionate testimonials.

Gary

Polymath
                Participant

Hi jpg,

Most doctors will simply say it does not hurt.  Whether you are shooting for high THC content to relieve pain, achieve relaxation, reduced anxiety, or increased appetite, then it appears you can use without doing any harm or interfering with other medications.  Many believe the high CBD varieties offer more a medical improvement, but as everyone knows, there really are no substantial studies to support that, and again, its likely to do no harm.  The mistake someone may make is relying on either as a replacement for proven remedies based on anecdotal and passionate testimonials.

Gary

Polymath
                  Participant

Hi jpg,

Gary

Gene_S
                    Participant

They will never do a study or clinical trial because big pharma pushes drugs because they make lots of money. 

The best form that would probably help cancer is the oil which has to be processed differently.  Check out phoenixtears.ca if you are interested in reading about Rick Simpson Oil.  Then you can make up your own mind.  Some states that have medical marijuana you can also buy the Rick Simpson Oil as they can make it from his recipe.

Many will not like this but I only suggest you read and judge for yourself.  I did not use it because I didn't find out about it until I was cancer free.

Gene_S
                      Participant

They will never do a study or clinical trial because big pharma pushes drugs because they make lots of money. 

The best form that would probably help cancer is the oil which has to be processed differently.  Check out phoenixtears.ca if you are interested in reading about Rick Simpson Oil.  Then you can make up your own mind.  Some states that have medical marijuana you can also buy the Rick Simpson Oil as they can make it from his recipe.

Many will not like this but I only suggest you read and judge for yourself.  I did not use it because I didn't find out about it until I was cancer free.

Gene_S
                        Participant

Rita and Charles
                          Participant

My husband uses edibles to assist with pain, even before Melanoma he had a broken back hip, et…..just really a lot of chronic pain. The BRAF combo elevated the joint pain, and marijuana seems to help.  Also, with nausea. We are under no illusion that it will cure his melanoma, but helping with pain and anxiety, feeling better………better that than narcotics.  That is our experience, 

Rita

snow white
                              Participant

Hi Rita,

I am curious as to what strain your husband uses?  I don't know anything about Marijuana except that I tried it when I was going through chemo and it did not help me with nausea.  My Mom is interested in this for my Dad.

Thanks!

snow white
                                Participant

Hi Rita,

I am curious as to what strain your husband uses?  I don't know anything about Marijuana except that I tried it when I was going through chemo and it did not help me with nausea.  My Mom is interested in this for my Dad.

Thanks!

snow white
                                  Participant

Hi Rita,

Thanks!

Cindyco
                                    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

My mother is on CBD for the daytime and CBN to help her sleep (they come in droppers that we put into tea or water).  CBD has no THC content and has no psychoactive effects.  It's been helping her sit for longer periods without pain (we have been starting at low dosages and it still works).  The CBN is 20% psychoactive and has given her some nightmares, so we are still working on the dosing. 

I hope that this helps you.

Cindyco
                                      Participant

Hi Jennifer,

My mother is on CBD for the daytime and CBN to help her sleep (they come in droppers that we put into tea or water).  CBD has no THC content and has no psychoactive effects.  It's been helping her sit for longer periods without pain (we have been starting at low dosages and it still works).  The CBN is 20% psychoactive and has given her some nightmares, so we are still working on the dosing. 

Cindyco
                                        Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Rita and Charles
                                        Participant

My husband uses edibles to assist with pain, even before Melanoma he had a broken back hip, et…..just really a lot of chronic pain. The BRAF combo elevated the joint pain, and marijuana seems to help.  Also, with nausea. We are under no illusion that it will cure his melanoma, but helping with pain and anxiety, feeling better………better that than narcotics.  That is our experience, 

Rita

Rita and Charles
                                          Participant

Rita

Shaneswife
                                            Participant
                                              https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/cam/hp/cannabis-pdq

You can read for yourself but the highlights are that it has anti tumor effects.

Shaneswife
                                              Participant

You can read for yourself but the highlights are that it has anti tumor effects.

Shaneswife
                                                Participant

Viewing 14 reply threads
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics