The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Making it through the Yervoy/Opdivo infusions

Forums General Melanoma Community Making it through the Yervoy/Opdivo infusions

Participant

Hi there. Monday I go to the 4th of 4 treatments of this.  I have had pretty good luck with not much side effects, it makes me very tired and in the 3rd week, I have a fever and chills for a few days, then I feel great for the last few days before I get ready to get another infusion.  I will have a CT scan in early April to see how the infusions are going, I am praying it will be positive as I was diagnosed Stage 4 metastatic in Dec right after I finished my year of Opdivoso it came back during treatment.  Thank you for listening, 

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • Replies
        Coragirl
        Participant

Good to hear that you were able to make it to 4 infusions! I will be hoping and praying for good results for you.

Bubbles
          Participant

Way to gut it out, Tyais!!!  You rock!  Will keep fingers and toes crosssed for good results on your scans!!! Celeste

sister of patient
            Participant

Yay!! Four out of four is great!! Ipi is such a big gun that, for some, one is all it takes!! Wishing you the best scan results when the time comes!!

Barb

Happygal
              Participant

Thank you all for the encouraging words and I am preaying the scan comes out eiother the same or less than before.

Johnjk04
                  Participant

Happygal as someone with much experience and a bit of a gambler at times – I'm wagering big time on the

UNDER !!!!!

Happygal
                  Participant

Well I guess I spoke too soon, have been sick in bed with fever and chills since Fri, Dr told me today he is pretty sure liver is inflamed due to the meds. Putting me on Prednisone and stopping treatment for now. I will go in and see him tomorrow.  This is such a roller coaster, I want off!

Bubbles
                      Participant

Sorry!!  As you probably already know, most folks don't make it through the 4 doses of ipi…but, if you haven't seen it already, you might find this report cheering: 

https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2017/08/40-of-melanoma-patients-stop-ipinivo.html  

I think we can all share your desire for the end of the roller coaster that is melanoma!  Hang in there.  You are stronger than the crazy ride.  I am sure of it!! Celeste

Happygal
                        Participant

Thank you, I really appreciate that, sometimes it just needs to come out so it doesn't sit in there and fester…I know I am strong and will beat this with every breat I have.

Again thank you!!!

Tyais

Viewing 4 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics