The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Maculopapular rash on Pembro

Forums General Melanoma Community Maculopapular rash on Pembro

Participant
      I started getting the maculopapular rash the day following my 5th cycle of Q6 week Pembrolizumab Tuesday. It’s not itchy but very angry looking. It started on my face, then thighs, now spreading down to calves and feet.  My  doctor is aware and recommended hydrocortisone cream if it does get itchy. How long will this rash last? I wonder why now after I’ve been on the infusions since August.

Cindy

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        gopher38
        Participant
          Hello.  Don’t know what maculopapular rash is exactly, nor am I familiar with the treatments you’re doing, but I can say that my worst wave of rash came 5 months after I had stopped nivo (had to start again with the combo later after progression).  Horrible itching all over the torso, front and back, and neck.  I don’t think anyone really knows how this immunotherapy is going to hit you and when.  Hope it’s doing its intended job, in addition to all the unpleasantness.  Cheers.
          ThinkingPositive
          Participant
            Hi Gopher38,

Your experience confirms what I’ve read, that side effects can occur months after starting or stopping immunotherapy. It still surprised me, to develop rash, itchiness, and mouth ulcers 6 months after beginning Keytruda. Thanks for the cheers, and the best to you too!

Cindy

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics