The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

LXH254 ??

Forums General Melanoma Community LXH254 ??

Participant
      Anyone ever heard anything (positive or negative) about this?  As I mentioned in my last post, I’ve had progression after Yervoy, and the next step will be BRAF/MEK inhibitors.  While talking with my PA, I mentioned that I’d be keeping an eye out for clinical trials, while we move ahead with the targeted therapy, and I of course asked her to keep me in mind if she saw anything for which she thought I’d be a good candidate.  Unfortunately, I’m at the UofMinn, and they don’t seem to have many melanoma trials going on right now (apparently a lot cancelled due to COVID), so I told her that I’d bookmarked several other spots also.  Mayo-Rochester (I’m in the southern Twin Cities, and that would be doable logistically I think), UCLA (brother, who would let me stay for as long as necessary, lives in LA and I did grad school at UCLA, so connection to the area), UCSF (best friend from college is there and he has said I can stay as long as I want; I also worked at UCSF so more connections).  Also have a connection to Houston, but not a crash pad, so I’ve got UMN, Mayo, UCLA, and UCSF bookmarked.

Anyway, the PA wrote back saying that there was a stage 2 study at Mayo involving LXH254 that I might look at:

“LXH254, a Potent and Selective ARAF-Sparing Inhibitor of BRAF and CRAF for the Treatment of MAPK-Driven Tumors”
      https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33355204/

Just wondering if anyone had heard anything about this.  Looks like another BRAF inhibitor, but they seem to emphasize this ARAF-sparing aspect. Not really sure why that is desirable, if it gives it wider effectiveness (which I thought was already pretty high for these targeted therapies), or longer lasting, or something else?  Anyway, I know there are people here who are more likely than me to know, so I thought I’d ask.  Not a lot in a google search.  Thanks.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics