The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lung nodules

Forums General Melanoma Community Lung nodules

Participant

My son(3c) had three lung nodules 2mm,3mm,4mm.He has just finished his year of Keytruda.We have been watching them for a year now.The last scan showed 2 nodules now 3mm and 4 mm.No mention of the 2mm so I suppose it is gone now.I read alot of post about dead tumors.They have remained stable for a year.Will we always have to worry or is it possible these nodules are dead now.He is only 19 and his scans have been perfect except for these damn lung nodules:( The doctor tells me not to worry but I can't help but worry down the road they start growing.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        cjm22
        Participant

It's really impossible to know for sure … After a stage 3 diagnosis, my husband had stable lung nodules for 4 years and then all of a sudden they started growing, he developed brain mets and he's now got advanced stage 4 melanoma. But there are MANY other people who have totally benign lung nodules that turn out to be nothing, may appear and then disappear over time, etc. Lung nodules are weird that way. I think if your doctor tells you not to worry, then you should try not to worry. Worrying will only reduce your quality of life and won't give you any benefits. Maybe a counsellor or therapist could help you.

sharonlynn210
            Participant

Did he do immunotherapy?

cjm22
              Participant

No, immunotherapy as a stage 3 treatment wasn't available when my husband was first diagnosed stage 3 in 2014. He's been on immunotherapy since as a stage 4 patient.

CindyJ
              Participant

Has he had a PET scan? A PET will tell you if the nodules are active… if they light up on the scan and produce a SUV number. The higher the number the more likely it’s cancer. That might give you peace of mind. My mother has lung nodules that aren’t cancer. She’s very old, but it’s possible they represent nothing of significance in your young son.

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics