The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Low albumin and hemoglobin while PD1

Forums General Melanoma Community Low albumin and hemoglobin while PD1

Participant
      Hi,
      My husband is getting his third infusion MK3475, but blood test came back low albumin and hemoglobin. He had bilateral swelling of legs. Anyone with this symptoms? What you and Onco did? Any help, suggestion are welcome.
      Elenise (Jacques wife)

Hi,
      My husband is getting his third infusion MK3475, but blood test came back low albumin and hemoglobin. He had bilateral swelling of legs. Anyone with this symptoms? What you and Onco did? Any help, suggestion are welcome.
      Elenise (Jacques wife)

Viewing 9 reply threads
    • Replies
        awillett1991
        Participant
          I am one infusion ahead, #4. What does your onc recommend? How low are the values?

My onc hasn’t mentioned albumin but Hemoglobin is a problem. I’ve had 2 transfusions, 2 units each.

awillett1991
          Participant
            I am one infusion ahead, #4. What does your onc recommend? How low are the values?

My onc hasn’t mentioned albumin but Hemoglobin is a problem. I’ve had 2 transfusions, 2 units each.

awillett1991
            Participant

tasjacques
              Participant
                Hemoglobin is 9.1, albumin 3.1, we just found out today at the trial. Need to see local Onco to see what we do.
                How low was your hemoglobin for you to have transfusions?
                And how overall are you feeling?
                Thanks for your info, And hope this works for both.
                Elenise
                tasjacques
                Participant
                  Hemoglobin is 9.1, albumin 3.1, we just found out today at the trial. Need to see local Onco to see what we do.
                  Elenise
                  tasjacques
                  Participant
                    Elenise
                    awillett1991
                    Participant
                      My hemoglobin has dropped twice below 9, usually they transfuse at 8 but I’ve got a cardiac tumor and I start getting really short of breath so they have been using 9. I checked and my albumin is 3.8, normal, but appears to be steadily dropping. Dang! Don’t even know what that is LOL! Always something.

Not sure if we are now in a regular cycle w these transfusions or what, will ask tomorrow, or if there are other options. Dr says its because I’ve had so much radiation,

Generally I am good, I struggle w fatigue, prob my biggest issue, aside from Mel,. I try rest after lunch to get me through the day. Some muscle aches & joint pains but far easier than Zelboraf. Jus t hope it’s working!
                      Same for you!

Amy

tasjacques
                      Participant

According to our local onco and wikipedia (LOL), albumin is a protein that helps regulate the fluid within the blood, if too low then you can get swelling which is what Jacques got this past week.

He also struggles with fatigue, some days are better than others. His diet plays a huge role for him, so I have become a master 'google' chef! trying to cook everything fresh and nutritious which is hard smetimes with the ever changing taste buds.

Let's hope this treatment works for all of you and him. and keep in touch about how you guys are doing.

Elenise

tasjacques
                        Participant

According to our local onco and wikipedia (LOL), albumin is a protein that helps regulate the fluid within the blood, if too low then you can get swelling which is what Jacques got this past week.

He also struggles with fatigue, some days are better than others. His diet plays a huge role for him, so I have become a master 'google' chef! trying to cook everything fresh and nutritious which is hard smetimes with the ever changing taste buds.

Let's hope this treatment works for all of you and him. and keep in touch about how you guys are doing.

Elenise

tasjacques
                          Participant

Elenise

awillett1991
                            Participant
                              My hemoglobin has dropped twice below 9, usually they transfuse at 8 but I’ve got a cardiac tumor and I start getting really short of breath so they have been using 9. I checked and my albumin is 3.8, normal, but appears to be steadily dropping. Dang! Don’t even know what that is LOL! Always something.

Not sure if we are now in a regular cycle w these transfusions or what, will ask tomorrow, or if there are other options. Dr says its because I’ve had so much radiation,

Generally I am good, I struggle w fatigue, prob my biggest issue, aside from Mel,. I try rest after lunch to get me through the day. Some muscle aches & joint pains but far easier than Zelboraf. Jus t hope it’s working!
                              Same for you!

Amy

awillett1991
                              Participant

Same for you!

Amy

killmel
                                Participant

Hi Amy,

I hope that you are doing well on Merck PD1.

Last post that I read you were concerned about a "new" brain met? Hoping you next MRI show it to be stable. If you grows, does that mean you could get kicked off the Merck pd1 trial??

Do you know if you are a responder yet? When arenyour next MRI & CT scans?

Wishing you the Best!

Suzanne

killmel
                                  Participant

Hi Amy,

Last post that I read you were concerned about a "new" brain met? Hoping you next MRI show it to be stable. If you grows, does that mean you could get kicked off the Merck pd1 trial??

Wishing you the Best!

Suzanne

killmel
                                    Participant

Hi Amy,

Wishing you the Best!

Suzanne

awillett1991
                                      Participant
                                        Elenis – don’t know if you’ll see this but I now also have low albumin and protein too, they told me to adjust my diet. I don’t get it really, since my diet hasn’t changed. I’d like o think my body is fighting harder!

Amy

awillett1991
                                        Participant
                                          Elenis – don’t know if you’ll see this but I now also have low albumin and protein too, they told me to adjust my diet. I don’t get it really, since my diet hasn’t changed. I’d like o think my body is fighting harder!

Amy

awillett1991
                                          Participant

Amy

Viewing 9 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics