The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Loving everyday of NED!

Forums General Melanoma Community Loving everyday of NED!

Participant

I wanted to drop in to share some positive news. It is one year since I was officially labeled NED by the team at NIH.  I recently had follow-up scans and things still look good. 

It has been a busy and full year for my family and we feel so blessed to have this breathing room.   I remain so grateful to this community for all the help and support it provides. In my work, I get to meet many people diagnosed with melanoma and I always recommend this community to them as a way to help make sense of this crazy disease. 

I wish you all the best of health in the coming year. 

Troy

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        tschmith
        Participant

Congratulations, Troy!  What a great feeling NED must be.  I just completed a trial at NIH.  First I tried to qualify for the TIL but I had no tumors that were large enough or easy enough to remove.  They did a core biospy but my cells didn't grow.  I was so disappointed.  A couple of days later they contacted me to tell me about another trial called MAGE TCR.  In some ways it's like the TIL…they take your immune system down and then return genetically engineered cells to you with IL2.  I can't describe it accurately unless I have all the info right in front of me.  I've been home from the hosptial for about 2 1/2 weeks.  Still really dragging but I had an infection for a while and was on heavy duty antibiotics so that hasn't helped.  I go back for my first appointments on April 30/May1.  They said not to expect much results wise this early.  I'm only the third person to do this!   Hoping to someday be a success story like you! 

Terrie

tschmith
          Participant

Congratulations, Troy!  What a great feeling NED must be.  I just completed a trial at NIH.  First I tried to qualify for the TIL but I had no tumors that were large enough or easy enough to remove.  They did a core biospy but my cells didn't grow.  I was so disappointed.  A couple of days later they contacted me to tell me about another trial called MAGE TCR.  In some ways it's like the TIL…they take your immune system down and then return genetically engineered cells to you with IL2.  I can't describe it accurately unless I have all the info right in front of me.  I've been home from the hosptial for about 2 1/2 weeks.  Still really dragging but I had an infection for a while and was on heavy duty antibiotics so that hasn't helped.  I go back for my first appointments on April 30/May1.  They said not to expect much results wise this early.  I'm only the third person to do this!   Hoping to someday be a success story like you! 

Terrie

TSchulz
              Participant

Terrie,

All the best of luck in recovering and with your results. While I am thrilled with the results I have had – I have also felt so fortunate to have had the chance to participate in the clinical trial process when options were so slim for me. 

Good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you at 1 pm est. 

Troy

TSchulz
                Participant

Terrie,

All the best of luck in recovering and with your results. While I am thrilled with the results I have had – I have also felt so fortunate to have had the chance to participate in the clinical trial process when options were so slim for me. 

Troy

TSchulz
                  Participant

Terrie,

Troy

tschmith
                  Participant

Terrie

joy_
                    Participant

So happy for you!  Thank you for sharing the good news!  Always great to hear!  I am hoping my hubs will be able to go on to TiL trial… Currently waiting to see if lab can grow TILs from his tumors.

Brendan
                        Participant

Great news, Troy.  Thanks for sharing; good news helps us all.

Wishing you continued good luck.

Brendan

Brendan
                          Participant

Brendan

Brendan
                            Participant

Brendan

TSchulz
                              Participant

I hope those cells are growing like crazy. 

Best of luck and if there is any way I can help as you move through the process feel free to email me. [email protected]

Troy

TSchulz
                                Participant

Best of luck and if there is any way I can help as you move through the process feel free to email me. [email protected]

Troy

TSchulz
                                  Participant

Troy

joy_
                                  Participant

So happy for you!  Thank you for sharing the good news!  Always great to hear!  I am hoping my hubs will be able to go on to TiL trial… Currently waiting to see if lab can grow TILs from his tumors.

joy_
                                    Participant

jbronicki
                                      Participant

Congratulations!  That must be such a relief.  Wishing you all the best and many NED years!

jbronicki
                                        Participant

Congratulations!  That must be such a relief.  Wishing you all the best and many NED years!

jbronicki
                                          Participant

Swanee
                                            Participant

Congratulations to you Troy!  It is so wonderful to see a recent post and hear this continued good news.  I think of you often and wonder how you are doing, praying that your TIL treatment continues to be a success!   Your story is a special one for me, perhaps because of the personal connection we made but also the determination I saw in you,  to be here for your family and I know how hard you fought to make it happen!

Thanks for updating your profile, when I don't see posts in a long time, I always check profiles to look for updates.   I see you've added child (ren), congratulations to you and your sweet wife!  Wishing you continued blessings of good health to you and yours!

Linda

Swanee
                                              Participant

Congratulations to you Troy!  It is so wonderful to see a recent post and hear this continued good news.  I think of you often and wonder how you are doing, praying that your TIL treatment continues to be a success!   Your story is a special one for me, perhaps because of the personal connection we made but also the determination I saw in you,  to be here for your family and I know how hard you fought to make it happen!

Thanks for updating your profile, when I don't see posts in a long time, I always check profiles to look for updates.   I see you've added child (ren), congratulations to you and your sweet wife!  Wishing you continued blessings of good health to you and yours!

Linda

Swanee
                                                Participant

Linda

TSchulz
                                                    Participant

Linda, thanks for the reply/message – you are so wonderful with your words. I hope all is well with you and that melanoma is leaving you alone and in peace! 

Take care and enjoy our great weather. 

Troy

TSchulz
                                                      Participant

Linda, thanks for the reply/message – you are so wonderful with your words. I hope all is well with you and that melanoma is leaving you alone and in peace! 

Troy

TSchulz
                                                        Participant

Troy

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics