The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Loss of Brian

Forums Caregiver Community Loss of Brian

Participant

Miss you baby!  I can't believe what melanoma does to someone.  I was so angry at the cancer in your body when you died.  It's so unreal how bad it can get.  My heart breaks for those who are suffering this disease or are caregivers of those suffering.

Miss you baby!  I can't believe what melanoma does to someone.  I was so angry at the cancer in your body when you died.  It's so unreal how bad it can get.  My heart breaks for those who are suffering this disease or are caregivers of those suffering.

Viewing 27 reply threads
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that Brian died….I remember you posting that he was sick, but I didnt realize that he had passed away……my sincere condolences…….

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

jenniperry
            Participant

Thank you Donna.  So amazed people take time to respond.  I know so many are suffering.  Still praying for someone to find the cure.

jenniperry
              Participant

Thank you Donna.  So amazed people take time to respond.  I know so many are suffering.  Still praying for someone to find the cure.

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that Brian died….I remember you posting that he was sick, but I didnt realize that he had passed away……my sincere condolences…….

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Fen
                Participant

Deepest sympathy, Jenni.  You're right – it is an awful disease that takes so many wonderful people.

Fen

Fen
                  Participant

Deepest sympathy, Jenni.  You're right – it is an awful disease that takes so many wonderful people.

Fen

Sherron
                    Participant

Jenni, I am so sorry  for the loss of your husband.  I definitely know your pain.  My  husband died on November  30, 2010. My prayers are with you.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

Sherron
                      Participant

Jenni, I am so sorry  for the loss of your husband.  I definitely know your pain.  My  husband died on November  30, 2010. My prayers are with you.

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim FOREVER

jenniperry
                          Participant

Thank you Sherron.   I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's amazing how fast it can take over and take away the life you share.  I'm still very angry, but really just at the cancer!  It's such a stupid disease!  It just really frustrates me.  I will always miss my Brian and the beautiful life we built.  We had planned so many things in life. I am trying to take baby steps forward toward a new normal. 

jenniperry
                            Participant

Thank you Sherron.   I'm so sorry for your loss.  It's amazing how fast it can take over and take away the life you share.  I'm still very angry, but really just at the cancer!  It's such a stupid disease!  It just really frustrates me.  I will always miss my Brian and the beautiful life we built.  We had planned so many things in life. I am trying to take baby steps forward toward a new normal. 

Carol Taylor
                            Participant

Hi Jenni,

My sympathy to you and your children.  Anytime you'd like to tell us about Brian, we'd like to hear.

How are you today?

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
                              Participant

Hi Jenni,

My sympathy to you and your children.  Anytime you'd like to tell us about Brian, we'd like to hear.

How are you today?

Grace and peace,

Carol

jenniperry
                                  Participant

I read your blog!  Love how honest you are about it.  People just don't get how dangerous this cancer is.  I've been burned before and peeled more times than I can count.  I'm going next Thursday to get checked by a Dermatologist.  I told Brian before he died I was going to get checked even though I have no moles.  Always better to be safe than sorry.  Brian's page on facebook is BOP Fights Melanoma.  He fought so hard and lived incredibly long for what he had.  Found the cancer in his liver and lungs in December 2009, found it in his meninges and spinal fluid in December 2010, he died March 5th, 2011.  What  a  fighter!

jenniperry
                                    Participant

I read your blog!  Love how honest you are about it.  People just don't get how dangerous this cancer is.  I've been burned before and peeled more times than I can count.  I'm going next Thursday to get checked by a Dermatologist.  I told Brian before he died I was going to get checked even though I have no moles.  Always better to be safe than sorry.  Brian's page on facebook is BOP Fights Melanoma.  He fought so hard and lived incredibly long for what he had.  Found the cancer in his liver and lungs in December 2009, found it in his meninges and spinal fluid in December 2010, he died March 5th, 2011.  What  a  fighter!

Carol Taylor
                                      Participant

I've read your responses to everyone; he had a fighter in you, too!  I imagine you kept each other going.  You were blessed to have each other.

Here's to a good report and the first of many, from your derm!  Heck of a way to get to the derm, but Brian just may save your life one day.

How many children do you have? Ages? Feel free to share, you've got much to handle & deal with and I'm truly sorry for your loss.

I don't know if you checked out Melanoma Prayer Center. While it is on facebook, you don't have to belong to fb to read the posts.  I'm not sure if you can make your own posts unless you belong, but please try…it may work. I really want this to become a resource for patients, families/friends, and med teams and me just administrate it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Melanoma-Prayer-Center/136617429740982

I've been told links to this don't work from this bulletin board, but I know the link to my blog works and the link to the prayer center that's there does work. Please make use of it.

You take care and God bless (and may he hold you in the teary times, the angry times, the pitiful times, and in the joyful times as you remember Brian).

Carol

Carol Taylor
                                        Participant

I've read your responses to everyone; he had a fighter in you, too!  I imagine you kept each other going.  You were blessed to have each other.

Here's to a good report and the first of many, from your derm!  Heck of a way to get to the derm, but Brian just may save your life one day.

How many children do you have? Ages? Feel free to share, you've got much to handle & deal with and I'm truly sorry for your loss.

I don't know if you checked out Melanoma Prayer Center. While it is on facebook, you don't have to belong to fb to read the posts.  I'm not sure if you can make your own posts unless you belong, but please try…it may work. I really want this to become a resource for patients, families/friends, and med teams and me just administrate it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Melanoma-Prayer-Center/136617429740982

I've been told links to this don't work from this bulletin board, but I know the link to my blog works and the link to the prayer center that's there does work. Please make use of it.

You take care and God bless (and may he hold you in the teary times, the angry times, the pitiful times, and in the joyful times as you remember Brian).

Carol

MichaelFL
                                        Participant

I am sorry to read of Brians passing.

My condolences to you, sons Jason & Jackson, and your family and friends.

Michael

MichaelFL
                                          Participant

I am sorry to read of Brians passing.

My condolences to you, sons Jason & Jackson, and your family and friends.

Michael

Lori C
                                            Participant

May his memory be a blessing.  I am so sorry for your loss.  There are no words to make this any better or easier, but please know you are in my thoughts & prayers.

Lori

jenniperry
                                                Participant

Definitely trying to forget the sickness and remember all the lovely things about our life.  We had so much extra time afforded us and we took advantage of it for sure!  He got a glimpse of heaven and shared so much love with us.  What a beautiful life!

jenniperry
                                                  Participant

Definitely trying to forget the sickness and remember all the lovely things about our life.  We had so much extra time afforded us and we took advantage of it for sure!  He got a glimpse of heaven and shared so much love with us.  What a beautiful life!

Lori C
                                                  Participant

May his memory be a blessing.  I am so sorry for your loss.  There are no words to make this any better or easier, but please know you are in my thoughts & prayers.

Lori

premedy
                                                    Participant

jenni,

I'm pretty new to the board but I went back and read your posts. Brian was so lucky to have you with him through all that craziness. Your sincerity cromes through so clearly in your posts.  There just wasn't anything else you could do. Wishing you the best in the next chapter of your life.

patrick

premedy
                                                      Participant

jenni,

I'm pretty new to the board but I went back and read your posts. Brian was so lucky to have you with him through all that craziness. Your sincerity cromes through so clearly in your posts.  There just wasn't anything else you could do. Wishing you the best in the next chapter of your life.

patrick

jenniperry
                                                          Participant

Thanks Patrick.  I'll never forget at Valentines crying because I hadn't been able to leave and get him a card and some friends of his had brought him about ten to pick from for me.  I felt so bad he had a card for me and I didn't have one for him.  He said, you prove how much you love me every day!  I knew he was right, I didn't need to get him a card, I said I love you verbally and in everything I did everyday to care for him.  I definitely know I did every single thing I could do to take the best care of him, including giving him his biggest wish, to stay at home and not have to go to a hospital.  He is definitely in a better place than here now. 

premedy
                                                            Participant

ok so for him to think of getting you a valentines day card in the midst of that type of battle and for you to fight so valiantly and  do all you did for him, thats true love!

patrick

premedy
                                                              Participant

ok so for him to think of getting you a valentines day card in the midst of that type of battle and for you to fight so valiantly and  do all you did for him, thats true love!

patrick

jenniperry
                                                                Participant

Thanks Patrick.  I'll never forget at Valentines crying because I hadn't been able to leave and get him a card and some friends of his had brought him about ten to pick from for me.  I felt so bad he had a card for me and I didn't have one for him.  He said, you prove how much you love me every day!  I knew he was right, I didn't need to get him a card, I said I love you verbally and in everything I did everyday to care for him.  I definitely know I did every single thing I could do to take the best care of him, including giving him his biggest wish, to stay at home and not have to go to a hospital.  He is definitely in a better place than here now. 

Cate
                                                                Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It is ok to me mad, angry, sad, and have every emotion you can think of.  This is so unfair!  I lost my father 5/1/10 and still miss him.  Your husband was so lucky to have you in his life and just try to remember the good times.  I'll be thinking of you.

Cate

Cate
                                                                  Participant

I'm so sorry for your loss.  It is ok to me mad, angry, sad, and have every emotion you can think of.  This is so unfair!  I lost my father 5/1/10 and still miss him.  Your husband was so lucky to have you in his life and just try to remember the good times.  I'll be thinking of you.

Cate

jenniperry
                                                                      Participant

thank you Cate.  So sorry about your father.  I lost my father when he was only 41 to a heart attack, then my husband died at 41 from melanoma.  I hated I never got to say goodbye to my dad.  I got to say good bye and I love you every day all day until Brian passed, but I had to watch him suffer too.  Both are so hard.  Take care, and thanks for taking time to respond.

jenniperry
                                                                        Participant

thank you Cate.  So sorry about your father.  I lost my father when he was only 41 to a heart attack, then my husband died at 41 from melanoma.  I hated I never got to say goodbye to my dad.  I got to say good bye and I love you every day all day until Brian passed, but I had to watch him suffer too.  Both are so hard.  Take care, and thanks for taking time to respond.

EricNJill
                                                                        Participant

Jenni,  I am always thinking of you.  I hate Melanoma and what it does to it's victims.  You are always in my thoughts and prayers…  JillNEric in OH

jenniperry
                                                                            Participant

And you in mine.  I think about you guys so much too!  I can't even stand it that you guys are going through this!

jenniperry
                                                                              Participant

And you in mine.  I think about you guys so much too!  I can't even stand it that you guys are going through this!

EricNJill
                                                                              Participant

Jenni,  I am always thinking of you.  I hate Melanoma and what it does to it's victims.  You are always in my thoughts and prayers…  JillNEric in OH

lhaley
                                                                                Participant

Jenni,

I am so sorry to hear that  Brian has passed. Both of you fought as hard as humanly possible!  May he be at peace and somehow you also find peace within yourself.

Linda

lhaley
                                                                                  Participant

Jenni,

I am so sorry to hear that  Brian has passed. Both of you fought as hard as humanly possible!  May he be at peace and somehow you also find peace within yourself.

Linda

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                    Participant

My heartfelt sympathy to you and your loved ones.

I lost my wife to this horrible disease on 21 October 2009. Who could have
                                                                                      imagined that what started as a small skin lesion would end up costing her
                                                                                      life?

Sometimes things get out of our control and before we realise it – it is too
                                                                                      late and there is so little that we can do. However, I have found that
                                                                                      prayer always helps no matter how bad things might get.

Frank

FormerCaregiver
                                                                                      Participant

My heartfelt sympathy to you and your loved ones.

I lost my wife to this horrible disease on 21 October 2009. Who could have
                                                                                        imagined that what started as a small skin lesion would end up costing her
                                                                                        life?

Sometimes things get out of our control and before we realise it – it is too
                                                                                        late and there is so little that we can do. However, I have found that
                                                                                        prayer always helps no matter how bad things might get.

Frank

BethA in VA
                                                                                        Participant

Brian was very lucky to have you loving him throughout his illness.  You were an angel here on earth for him.  I'm very sad you have been through so much.  My thougths and prayers are with you and your children.  Beth 3/B

BethA in VA
                                                                                          Participant

Brian was very lucky to have you loving him throughout his illness.  You were an angel here on earth for him.  I'm very sad you have been through so much.  My thougths and prayers are with you and your children.  Beth 3/B

Jenni, sounds like your husband was a true fighter, battling on with this vicious disease for as long as he could, so that he could create more lasting memories with you & your children.  God bless him & God bless you Jenni and all the loved ones he has left behind.    Thinking of you during this hard time, Simmy xo

Jenni, sounds like your husband was a true fighter, battling on with this vicious disease for as long as he could, so that he could create more lasting memories with you & your children.  God bless him & God bless you Jenni and all the loved ones he has left behind.    Thinking of you during this hard time, Simmy xo

ValinMtl
                                                                                            Participant

Jenni, I'm so sad to read about Brian.  He fought so hard, he was so fortunate to have you at his side.  We are so blessed when we have caregivers who take such good care of us.  I just don't know what I would do without my husband, and I know Brian felt that way too.  God bless you and your family during this difficult time.  Val (currently on 2nd round of 4 treatments with ipilimumab)

ValinMtl
                                                                                              Participant

Jenni, I'm so sad to read about Brian.  He fought so hard, he was so fortunate to have you at his side.  We are so blessed when we have caregivers who take such good care of us.  I just don't know what I would do without my husband, and I know Brian felt that way too.  God bless you and your family during this difficult time.  Val (currently on 2nd round of 4 treatments with ipilimumab)

Viewing 27 reply threads

Tagged: 

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics