The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Losing Hooe

Forums General Melanoma Community Losing Hooe

• This topic is empty.
    Participant
      My origonal mm lesion appeared on my back in 05, after which they removed with with clean margins,snb, and removal of my lymph nodes under my left arm as a preventive measure, I believe I was staged as 2b.
      After no signs of reoccurrences for 12+ years, it returned aggressively in my liver. I am braf pos. and I was put on taf/mek until the tumours became small enough. Then I had the ippi/opdivo which worked very well but I stopped due to toxicity in my liver,then back to taf/mek and just recently finshed two rounds of keytruda until tumour progression exploded in my liver. I am back on the taf/mek. They say there is nothing else they can give me. Are there long responders to taf/out there? Should I just accept this is my last year?
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics