The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Looking for some encouragement

Forums General Melanoma Community Looking for some encouragement

Participant

Side effects from lpi/nivo kicked in, took 6 weeks but here they are. The same ones several of you guys have experienced.  I have been given steroids and Imodium to help but it’s still awful. I have  two more infusions, do the  symptoms stabilize or settle down ? How did you tolerate this, could use some advice. MIke K.

stage 4 spine and liver tumors. 

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldrichdesigner
        Participant

YOU CAN DO IT! BE STRONG!

Just think about what's worse, dying or feeling like shit for weeks and living. 

I don't know your whole story but if you would like to know mine, go read my first post ever here. I also have spine and liver issues and have been treated on Keytruda for almost a year now and have endured what I've been told is one of the worse cases of side effects. Not so severe as to take me off treatment but we have made multiple adjustments in an effort to counter act the side effects. If I can stay strong and fight through it day in and day out, then you can do it too. I get it man, it fucking sucks and I'm not going to hold back or sugar coat it there are gonna be days that suck even worse than today but you need to find solace and strength in those around you that you love and care for and that love and care for you back. And if you think you have no one, then you are wrong because you already have an entire community that is pulling for you. Us warriors have to stick together and fight this son of a bitch because I can tell you this fucking disease will not take me early. No way, no how, I have too much left to do in this world and I imagine you do too.

TexMelanomex
          Participant

You got this Coach! Aldrich said it well. For now its about embracing the "suck" and battling through this, you are more than half way there buddy. Warrio ON!

Dwarla
            Participant

Be strong! Be glad that you can take the medicine! I had an allergic reaction to Yervoy after my 2nd tratment. They won't give it to me anymore! It's been 7 weeks since that treatment and I'm still fighting swelling of face, lips, and my throat. I'm on benedryl round the clock. I hope your side effects lessen and get better but hang in there and fight no matter what! 

Viewing 2 reply threads
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics