The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Long time no talk…some curious things happening

Forums General Melanoma Community Long time no talk…some curious things happening

Participant
      Hey friends,

I haven’t said anything in here for a quite awhile! I’ve been NED for a couple years now (whoot!)

I just had my 4th and *maybe* last baby in November! His name is Jack and he’s the sweetest boy.

Anyhow, I find myself worrying about somethings I’ve been dealing with. I’ve had a full body check in August at Dartmouth in New Hampshire. I wasn’t a fan of their office actually. Felt like I was just another number. But that’s beside the point. We are currently moved back to every 3 month appointments instead of yearly because we are watching about 3-4 moles as we speak. The last week or so I’ve now woken up twice with the absolute worst migraine I’ve ever had. I have always dealt with migraines and headaches but my migraines basically stopped happening after a certain age. I woke up last week and almost couldn’t see straight because my head hurt so bad. I then spend the rest of the day on and off vomiting from the pain. Which was horrible while trying to take a care of a needy baby and my husband sleeping off the night shift. By the end of the day I felt slightly better and was able to eat and keep things down. Now I woke up today a couple days later and I once again am sick from a migraine. I’m so exhausted and just want to sleep all day. So anyways, of course since this is very sudden and onset I’m worried about it. I called my PCP just to see if he can do anything for me.

Not sure why I’m writing that in here about it. Just worried I suppose. The beast always haunts me. Hope y’all are doing well. Much love.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        mrbill16323
        Participant
          Hugs. Hope you are finding some relief. You are one tough Mom. Don’t be ashamed to ask for help!
          sing123
          Participant
            Hi there. Have you considered getting an MRI? I would just to rule out that there are no mets in your brain. I had terrible migraines and that is how they discovered my brain mets. But I didn’t have them in the morning. And they were accompanied by auras. And I had no vomiting. Since you have had migraines before, maybe they’ve come back. I would check though. Keep us posted.
              Savannahprice23
              Participant
                I’ve tried but my insurance doesn’t want to do it without more proof that I need it. Just gonna ride it out and hope it past!
          Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics