The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Local Recurrence #2

Forums General Melanoma Community Local Recurrence #2

Participant

Just finished my post-op consultation after my second local recurrence was removed.  This was further down my scalp, almost at my neck.  It was in a lymph node that had grown to almost 1.5 CM.  There were seven lymph nodes in total removed this time, because they were clustered close together, but only the one showed disease.  The surgery went well.  There's been more swelling this time, due to the fluid buildup. But that's close to gone by now.

There's still no other known disease, but because of the second recurrence, they want to step up my treatment.  I have done about a year of NIVO, and now they want to add radiation and extend my immunotherapy treatment.  This means I'll probably be bald on the back of my head where they do the radiation, but hey, small price to pay for living right?  Tired of having to fix my hair anyways.

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Sorry buddy, that sucks!  BUT!!!  What'cha gonna do?  You've got the right spirit!  Hang in there!  I'm rooting for you!  love, c

guynamedbilly
            Participant

Thanks! I've gotten weirdly used to this routine.  I'm rarely anxious about it, but I'd still certainly like the cancer to die a horrible death..

Bubbles
              Participant

REALLY horrible!!!!  Fingers crossed!  c

Die cancer die!  Radiation definitely helped me out in combo with nivo.  I lost my hair but it's growing back so you may eventually have to deal with fixing yours again. 

Good wishes to you

Jennifer

Viewing 1 reply thread
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
          About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics