The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Local article about my teenage son’s battle with Melanoma

Forums General Melanoma Community Local article about my teenage son’s battle with Melanoma

Participant

Here is a link for a newspaper article written about my son on Friday, May 13th. It will only be on the site until Monday afternoon, May 16th, so check it out soon if you want to read it.

http://www.timesrecord.com/

Here is a link for a newspaper article written about my son on Friday, May 13th. It will only be on the site until Monday afternoon, May 16th, so check it out soon if you want to read it.

http://www.timesrecord.com/

Viewing 17 reply threads
    • Replies
        Carol Taylor
        Participant

Beautiful Elizabeth! I'll be thinking about you & Josiah next Saturday. What a moment your victory lap will be! All the best to you & Josiah.

Lord, we thank You for Your mercy in the lives of Elizabeth and Josiah! And thank You for the opportunity You gave them to get the word out in such a forum and to share with us. In Your mercy may Your blessings abound. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Carol Taylor
            Participant

PS, I just  shared it on MPC.

Carol Taylor
              Participant

PS, I just  shared it on MPC.

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Beautiful Elizabeth! I'll be thinking about you & Josiah next Saturday. What a moment your victory lap will be! All the best to you & Josiah.

Lord, we thank You for Your mercy in the lives of Elizabeth and Josiah! And thank You for the opportunity You gave them to get the word out in such a forum and to share with us. In Your mercy may Your blessings abound. Amen.

Grace and peace,

Carol

Lori C
                Participant

Lovely article!  Best to you and your son for complete healings. 

Lori

Lori C
                  Participant

Lovely article!  Best to you and your son for complete healings. 

Lori

Vermont_Donna
                      Participant

Wonderful article and very nice picture! Congrats Elizabeth on beating stage 4 thyroid cancer and kudos to Josiah for doing so well with the interferon! I love the name, "NED" for your Relay for Life team!!! This story will reach many people and they will learn about how dangerous melanoma is, and what they can do to help protect themselves. GREAT JOB!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Vermont_Donna
                        Participant

Wonderful article and very nice picture! Congrats Elizabeth on beating stage 4 thyroid cancer and kudos to Josiah for doing so well with the interferon! I love the name, "NED" for your Relay for Life team!!! This story will reach many people and they will learn about how dangerous melanoma is, and what they can do to help protect themselves. GREAT JOB!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Phil S
                        Participant
                          Great article, thanks so much for sharing it. Continued good health for you and your son. So glad to hear how well he is doing! God Bless! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                          Phil S
                          Participant
                            Great article, thanks so much for sharing it. Continued good health for you and your son. So glad to hear how well he is doing! God Bless! Valerie (Phil’s wife)
                            Melanoma Mom
                            Participant

I'm getting lots of great feedback from people who have read it. One thing that is drawing a lot of attention was the paper's "error" in article placement. Part of the article ran on the front page and then continued on the last page, taking up most of that page. But what was right next to the article on the back?!? A big ad for Tanning City! I just had to shake my head …. I'm sure whomever has the job of placement doesn't bother reading the articles, but it just seemed so ironic. 

Melanoma Mom
                              Participant

I'm getting lots of great feedback from people who have read it. One thing that is drawing a lot of attention was the paper's "error" in article placement. Part of the article ran on the front page and then continued on the last page, taking up most of that page. But what was right next to the article on the back?!? A big ad for Tanning City! I just had to shake my head …. I'm sure whomever has the job of placement doesn't bother reading the articles, but it just seemed so ironic. 

akls
                                Participant

This is a great article!!  Thanks for sharing.  My mom and I walked the survivors lap together last summer.  It was my first and her 22nd.  She had endometrial cancer.  It was so strange for me because for all those years I had walked the caregivers lap with her and always had taken pictures of her and her friends walking the survivors lap and there I was in the survivors lap.  I love the Relay for Life if for no other reason that it brings awareness that there are so many that are going through cancer or have gone through cancer and that you are not alone.  It's also so nice to see the 10, 20 and 30 year survivors!  Gives me great hope.

Thanks again for sharing this.  It is wonderful.

Tell your son I'm amazed at how well he is handling all that has been thrown on him and once you hit the half way mark with interferon it really does get easier.  Once I hit that 6 mos. mark I just knew I could do it.

Amy S. in Michigan

akls
                                  Participant

This is a great article!!  Thanks for sharing.  My mom and I walked the survivors lap together last summer.  It was my first and her 22nd.  She had endometrial cancer.  It was so strange for me because for all those years I had walked the caregivers lap with her and always had taken pictures of her and her friends walking the survivors lap and there I was in the survivors lap.  I love the Relay for Life if for no other reason that it brings awareness that there are so many that are going through cancer or have gone through cancer and that you are not alone.  It's also so nice to see the 10, 20 and 30 year survivors!  Gives me great hope.

Thanks again for sharing this.  It is wonderful.

Tell your son I'm amazed at how well he is handling all that has been thrown on him and once you hit the half way mark with interferon it really does get easier.  Once I hit that 6 mos. mark I just knew I could do it.

Amy S. in Michigan

triciad
                                    Participant

Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful article.  Congratulations on your succcess with thyroid cancer, and I'm elated to hear about your son's success with Interferon.  I, too, did the full year of Interon.  Have him be careful this summer because the heat/humidity makes it tougher.  I will keep both of you in my prayers for continued good health!

Tricia

Laurie from maine
                                        Participant

congratulations to you on your fight with thyroid cancer.  Your son is truly amazing with his attitude.  I am so glad for him that he is doing ok on interferon, it is tough and can really beat you up, but he sounds like he is doing well.  Please pass along to him that we are all their in spirit with you as you walk that victory lap with your wonderful NED team 🙂

laurie from maine

Laurie from maine
                                          Participant

congratulations to you on your fight with thyroid cancer.  Your son is truly amazing with his attitude.  I am so glad for him that he is doing ok on interferon, it is tough and can really beat you up, but he sounds like he is doing well.  Please pass along to him that we are all their in spirit with you as you walk that victory lap with your wonderful NED team 🙂

laurie from maine

triciad
                                          Participant

Elizabeth,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful article.  Congratulations on your succcess with thyroid cancer, and I'm elated to hear about your son's success with Interferon.  I, too, did the full year of Interon.  Have him be careful this summer because the heat/humidity makes it tougher.  I will keep both of you in my prayers for continued good health!

Tricia

Lunawest
                                            Participant
                                              Great article! Congrats to you both, and thanks for sending me the nutrition article, too. I missed this year’s Relay because I was having a second surgery to relieve an infected seroma from my SLNB. But you can count me being in the survivors lap next year! Health & healing!
                                              Lunawest
                                              Participant
                                                Great article! Congrats to you both, and thanks for sending me the nutrition article, too. I missed this year’s Relay because I was having a second surgery to relieve an infected seroma from my SLNB. But you can count me being in the survivors lap next year! Health & healing!
                                                Gwen in Maine
                                                Participant

Thanks so much for posting this. You're both very inspirational.

Gwen in Maine

Gwen in Maine
                                                  Participant

Thanks so much for posting this. You're both very inspirational.

Gwen in Maine

Melanoma Mom
                                                    Participant

* The article has now been taken down for current news, but you can go into "archives" at http://www.timesrecord.com and search "Side by side" on May 13th and you will find the article *

Melanoma Mom
                                                      Participant

* The article has now been taken down for current news, but you can go into "archives" at http://www.timesrecord.com and search "Side by side" on May 13th and you will find the article *

Viewing 17 reply threads
                                                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics