The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lisa13?

Forums General Melanoma Community Lisa13?

Participant

Does anyone remember "Lisa13" and/or know what happened to her?  I followed her posts when I was first diagnoses and then she disappeared.  Someone in the chat room thought that she may of passed but wasn't sure.  Just wondering.

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        liberty04281
        Participant

LISA LYNN SCHMIDT (nee BLACK) With great sadness we announce the passing of Lisa, who courageously battled with Melanoma for the past 2 years. Lisa passed away peacefully at home, with her family around her on Sunday, January 13, 2013. She is survived by her loving and devoted husband, Richard and her beautiful little daughter Isabella, just 3 years old. Lisa's loss will be deeply felt by her mother Linda Smeaton, her father Welsey Black and her brother Jared Black. She will be sadly missed by her in-laws, Margaret and Robert Schmidt, Rob and Sarah Schmidt and their sons Tyler and Cameron. Lisa will be fondly remembered and sadly missed by her aunts, uncles, cousins and the many friends who supported her throughout her illness. The family is so thankful for your friendship and love during this difficult time. Visitation will be held at the Visitation Centre in Mount Pleasant Cemetery 375 Mount Pleasant Road (east gate entrance) on Saturday, January 19th from 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon followed by a celebration of her life in the chapel at 12 noon. In lieu of flowers, donations in Lisa's memory to the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation for Cancer Research or the Temmy Latner Centre for Palliative Care would be appreciated

aldakota22 (1/24/2013 – 4:16am)

Very sad to hear the news.Hope her family can find peace now.She was a fighter.In my prayers forever.Beat the Beast. Al

deardad (1/24/2013 – 5:15am)

Oh I was wondering about Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. So young to leave this earth and leaving a young family behind… is heart breaking. My condolences.

Nahmi

Linny (1/24/2013 – 6:40am)

How sad. Lisa was such a sweetheart. RIP dearest Lisa.

Stage III, Unknown Primary; 1 positive node in left axilla; currently participating in GSK DERMA (MAGE A3 vaccine) trial

WendyPam (1/24/2013 – 12:50pm)

I'm so sad to read this. My condolences to her family

Wendy

vivian (1/24/2013 – 8:20pm)

Oh, I was just thinking about Lisa 13 (and Carol B, as well) and wondering how she was doing.  So very sorry to read this!  Hopefully Lisa's  family will somehow know that many people here cared about her and send thoughts of peace and love.

Lear

gabsound (1/24/2013 – 8:41pm)

I'm very sorry to hear this news. She fought a brave battle and was so willing to share along the way. My condolences to her family. May they remember the beautiful energy that came across even on a bulletin board such as this.

Julie

Vermont_Donna (1/25/2013 – 12:14pm)

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear this news. Lisa was such a vibrant and courageous and STRONG warrior! I will miss her posts and wish her family well.

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a NED

patobs01 (1/25/2013 – 3:09pm)

Sad news to hear and sending my thoughts and prayers to her family. They have lost a courageous woman, but I bet Lisa's determined attitude will stay with them forever. She seemed to have a true warrior spirit in her battle against this awful disease. Hoping she finds peace in God's care now.

Pat O., IIIA NED

awillett1991 (1/25/2013 – 9:46pm)

So sorry to lose another brave warrior! May Lisa and her family all find peace now.

mclaus23 (2/26/2013 – 10:40pm)

I am so saddened to hear this terrible news. I have been praying for Lisa for the past 2 years. She was so positive and thru her posts seemed to be an amazingly strong woman, mother and wife.
          I'm praying for her family.
          She has been so courageous and motivating to others and their families throughout the years.
          My heart goes out to you all.

liberty04281
          Participant

LISA LYNN SCHMIDT (nee BLACK) With great sadness we announce the passing of Lisa, who courageously battled with Melanoma for the past 2 years. Lisa passed away peacefully at home, with her family around her on Sunday, January 13, 2013. She is survived by her loving and devoted husband, Richard and her beautiful little daughter Isabella, just 3 years old. Lisa's loss will be deeply felt by her mother Linda Smeaton, her father Welsey Black and her brother Jared Black. She will be sadly missed by her in-laws, Margaret and Robert Schmidt, Rob and Sarah Schmidt and their sons Tyler and Cameron. Lisa will be fondly remembered and sadly missed by her aunts, uncles, cousins and the many friends who supported her throughout her illness. The family is so thankful for your friendship and love during this difficult time. Visitation will be held at the Visitation Centre in Mount Pleasant Cemetery 375 Mount Pleasant Road (east gate entrance) on Saturday, January 19th from 10:30 a.m. – 12 noon followed by a celebration of her life in the chapel at 12 noon. In lieu of flowers, donations in Lisa's memory to the Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation for Cancer Research or the Temmy Latner Centre for Palliative Care would be appreciated

Very sad to hear the news.Hope her family can find peace now.She was a fighter.In my prayers forever.Beat the Beast. Al

Oh I was wondering about Lisa, I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. So young to leave this earth and leaving a young family behind… is heart breaking. My condolences.

Nahmi

Stage III, Unknown Primary; 1 positive node in left axilla; currently participating in GSK DERMA (MAGE A3 vaccine) trial

Wendy

Oh, I was just thinking about Lisa 13 (and Carol B, as well) and wondering how she was doing.  So very sorry to read this!  Hopefully Lisa's  family will somehow know that many people here cared about her and send thoughts of peace and love.

Lear

I'm very sorry to hear this news. She fought a brave battle and was so willing to share along the way. My condolences to her family. May they remember the beautiful energy that came across even on a bulletin board such as this.

Julie

Hi,

I am so sorry to hear this news. Lisa was such a vibrant and courageous and STRONG warrior! I will miss her posts and wish her family well.

Sad news to hear and sending my thoughts and prayers to her family. They have lost a courageous woman, but I bet Lisa's determined attitude will stay with them forever. She seemed to have a true warrior spirit in her battle against this awful disease. Hoping she finds peace in God's care now.

Pat O., IIIA NED

So sorry to lose another brave warrior! May Lisa and her family all find peace now.

I am so saddened to hear this terrible news. I have been praying for Lisa for the past 2 years. She was so positive and thru her posts seemed to be an amazingly strong woman, mother and wife.
            She has been so courageous and motivating to others and their families throughout the years.

liberty04281
            Participant

Nahmi

Wendy

Lear

Julie

Hi,

Pat O., IIIA NED

KMick
              Participant

Thank you for responding.  Lisa's posts progressively seemed to get more and more troublesome but I was hoping that she found her cure and moved on to explain why her posts stopped.  So sad.

KMick
                Participant

Thank you for responding.  Lisa's posts progressively seemed to get more and more troublesome but I was hoping that she found her cure and moved on to explain why her posts stopped.  So sad.

KMick
                  Participant

Viewing 5 reply threads
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics