The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lisa13 and boot2aboot

Forums General Melanoma Community Lisa13 and boot2aboot

Participant

I have not seen these 2 people note on system for quite sometime.  Does anyone know how they are doing.  I had followed them for over a year and have not been on this website in quite a while.  I do hope all is well with them but does anyone know?  Thank you

I have not seen these 2 people note on system for quite sometime.  Does anyone know how they are doing.  I had followed them for over a year and have not been on this website in quite a while.  I do hope all is well with them but does anyone know?  Thank you

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        goldengirls2011
        Participant

I am so sorry to tell you that Boot2aboot passed a few months ago. You can search for the announcement in the forum. Lisa13 hasn't posted anything here is almost 3 months.

Lauri England
            Participant

I am not sure how to find her on the forum because I did not know her real name.  I am so sorry to hear that news.  She was a true fighter with a big heart.  Thank you for letting me know.

goldengirls2011
              Participant

this was posted late April:

"Boots"

March 18, 1957 – March 30, 2012 "Boot2aboot"

Many patients on this site knew our sister, Choel Evans, affectionately as "Boots." I'm sad to say that Choel passed away only days past her 55th birthday. She became such an advocate for melanoma research this past year and she did all that she could to live despite the pain and suffering she endured every day. She was diagnosed a year ago in March. It was a very rough year.

To those of you sharing your experience here on this site, helping others to navigate the clinical trials, or providing the valuable understanding, kindness and love…thank you. Choel found a family of friends here. She was so grateful to folks like Jimmy B and others. She would call me in tears whenever a melanoma.org friend passed away. You all became important loving friends to my sister, Boots.

Best wishes to you for a successful & complete recovery!

Amy Buckley

file://localhost/Users/amybuckley/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2012/Apr%203,%202012/558320.jpg

Choel P. Evans, 55, of Galion, passed away on Mar.30, 2012 at Hospice House of North Central Ohio in Ashland, after a yearlong battle with cancer.

Born Mar. 18, 1957 in Galion, she was the daughter of Anne J. Evans and the late Charles O. Evans. Choel graduated in 1975 from Galion High School where she enjoyed Miriam Sayre's Thespian class, playing the flute in concert band and showing her horse, Dusty, at the county fair. Many of Choel's activities in high school became lifelong passions for her especially acting, art, music and filmmaking.

Choel earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Columbus College of Art & Design and was one of the local Galion artists chosen to depict the venerable manors & churches of Galion for the 1976 Bicentennial. Several gift shops in town sold greeting cards with her pencil sketches of such classics like Brownella Cottage, Howard House and the Hosford-Kelly House. Her creative instincts and artistic talent carried through in her professional career as well. Choel was a filmmaker, location scout, set decorator and props master in Feature Film, Commercials and Theater.

She was a member of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE), local 209, and is credited with such films as "Traffic," and stage productions at the Ohio and Palace Theaters in Columbus. Many have seen Choel's work on commercials for Wendy's, Saks Fifth Avenue and The Limited.

Choel's passion for the environment, wildlife, gardening, yoga and all things outdoors continued until her death. She was a regular hiker at Mohican, Lowe-Volk Park and enjoyed nurturing injured wildlife back to good health. She also volunteered time with the wildlife sanctuary in Crawford County.

She is survived by her mother, Anne J. Evans of Galion; her brother, John O. (Karen) Evans of Farmington Hills, Mich. and her sister, Amy (Robert) Buckley of Los Gatos, Calif.; five nieces, Alissa, Lindsey, Kirsten and Teagan Evans and McKenna Buckley and her aunt, Mary Judkins of Peoria, Ill. Choel is also survived by several cousins that helped her during this difficult year.

Choel's family will receive friends from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Apr. 22, 2012 at the home of Anne Evans where a memorial service will be held for friends and family at 4 p.m. Sunday, Apr. 22 officiated by Dr. Dan Turner. A memorial in Choel's honor will be placed at the Evans' family plot in Fairmont Cemetery, Jackson, Ohio.

Memorial tributes in Choel's memory may be made to the Melanoma Research Foundation, P.O. Box 759329, Baltimore, MD 21275-9329 or on http://www.melanoma.org.

Choel and her family were most appreciative for all the prayers and cheerful cards sent by neighbors, family, friends and members of the Community Christian Church of Galion.  

mclaus23
                Participant
                  I have been wondering the same about Lisa13
                  praying for her all the time
                  mclaus23
                  Participant
                    mclaus23
                    Participant
                      goldengirls2011
                      Participant

"Boots"

Many patients on this site knew our sister, Choel Evans, affectionately as "Boots." I'm sad to say that Choel passed away only days past her 55th birthday. She became such an advocate for melanoma research this past year and she did all that she could to live despite the pain and suffering she endured every day. She was diagnosed a year ago in March. It was a very rough year.

To those of you sharing your experience here on this site, helping others to navigate the clinical trials, or providing the valuable understanding, kindness and love…thank you. Choel found a family of friends here. She was so grateful to folks like Jimmy B and others. She would call me in tears whenever a melanoma.org friend passed away. You all became important loving friends to my sister, Boots.

Amy Buckley

file://localhost/Users/amybuckley/Pictures/iPhoto%20Library/Originals/2012/Apr%203,%202012/558320.jpg

Choel P. Evans, 55, of Galion, passed away on Mar.30, 2012 at Hospice House of North Central Ohio in Ashland, after a yearlong battle with cancer.

Born Mar. 18, 1957 in Galion, she was the daughter of Anne J. Evans and the late Charles O. Evans. Choel graduated in 1975 from Galion High School where she enjoyed Miriam Sayre's Thespian class, playing the flute in concert band and showing her horse, Dusty, at the county fair. Many of Choel's activities in high school became lifelong passions for her especially acting, art, music and filmmaking.

Choel earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the Columbus College of Art & Design and was one of the local Galion artists chosen to depict the venerable manors & churches of Galion for the 1976 Bicentennial. Several gift shops in town sold greeting cards with her pencil sketches of such classics like Brownella Cottage, Howard House and the Hosford-Kelly House. Her creative instincts and artistic talent carried through in her professional career as well. Choel was a filmmaker, location scout, set decorator and props master in Feature Film, Commercials and Theater.

She was a member of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE), local 209, and is credited with such films as "Traffic," and stage productions at the Ohio and Palace Theaters in Columbus. Many have seen Choel's work on commercials for Wendy's, Saks Fifth Avenue and The Limited.

Choel's passion for the environment, wildlife, gardening, yoga and all things outdoors continued until her death. She was a regular hiker at Mohican, Lowe-Volk Park and enjoyed nurturing injured wildlife back to good health. She also volunteered time with the wildlife sanctuary in Crawford County.

She is survived by her mother, Anne J. Evans of Galion; her brother, John O. (Karen) Evans of Farmington Hills, Mich. and her sister, Amy (Robert) Buckley of Los Gatos, Calif.; five nieces, Alissa, Lindsey, Kirsten and Teagan Evans and McKenna Buckley and her aunt, Mary Judkins of Peoria, Ill. Choel is also survived by several cousins that helped her during this difficult year.

Choel's family will receive friends from 3 to 4 p.m. Sunday, Apr. 22, 2012 at the home of Anne Evans where a memorial service will be held for friends and family at 4 p.m. Sunday, Apr. 22 officiated by Dr. Dan Turner. A memorial in Choel's honor will be placed at the Evans' family plot in Fairmont Cemetery, Jackson, Ohio.

Memorial tributes in Choel's memory may be made to the Melanoma Research Foundation, P.O. Box 759329, Baltimore, MD 21275-9329 or on http://www.melanoma.org.

Choel and her family were most appreciative for all the prayers and cheerful cards sent by neighbors, family, friends and members of the Community Christian Church of Galion.  

goldengirls2011
                        Participant

"Boots"

Amy Buckley

Lauri England
                          Participant

I am not sure how to find her on the forum because I did not know her real name.  I am so sorry to hear that news.  She was a true fighter with a big heart.  Thank you for letting me know.

Lauri England
                            Participant

goldengirls2011
                            Participant

I am so sorry to tell you that Boot2aboot passed a few months ago. You can search for the announcement in the forum. Lisa13 hasn't posted anything here is almost 3 months.

goldengirls2011
                              Participant

Viewing 2 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics