The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Last Test for Awhile

Forums General Melanoma Community Last Test for Awhile

Participant

I had a bunch of checkups stacked up, but was nervous about "tweaks" near my surgical site. So in the last month I’ve seen my onco, dermatologist, surgeon, and have had a CT scan and a colonoscopy for good measure. Plus the usual xrays and bloodwork. All negative. Have a few spots on my liver that haven’t budged since late 08, but who knows how long they’ve been there. So that’s nothing new since November 08.

I had a bunch of checkups stacked up, but was nervous about "tweaks" near my surgical site. So in the last month I’ve seen my onco, dermatologist, surgeon, and have had a CT scan and a colonoscopy for good measure. Plus the usual xrays and bloodwork. All negative. Have a few spots on my liver that haven’t budged since late 08, but who knows how long they’ve been there. So that’s nothing new since November 08.

My surgeon told me that my tweaks were simply nerves in the area where there’d been cutting. BTW, he (Dr. Gershenwald) defies surgeon stereotypes–truly a great guy to talk to, and from everything I’ve seen and heard, a darn good cutter.

Gonna keep pounding the curcumin and enjoying each day. Y’all keep the faith.

Drew Nelson

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Sharon in Reno
        Participant

YEY……that sounds wonderful. Keep up the good work and keep enjoying life. Good for you.

love, Sharon in Reno, Stage IV

akls
          Participant

Drew,

Glad to hear you latest round of test were good!  It’s funny you post about your "tweaks" I have been having some "twinges" or wierd feelings around my excision site too.  My PET was clear and my derm and onc. said nerve pain too.  Keep enjoying life!

Amy S. in Michigan

IIIa

NED 16 mos.

Viewing 1 reply thread
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics