The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Laser

Participant
      A Verizon commercial has intrigued my dad. It is the one where they use two phones for some 3D technology and laser the hell out of the tumor. The tumor is located in the right auxiliary and is intertwined with tissues, and nerves. The original general surgeon mention when he took out a wedge that if he would have taken anymore it would have caused permanent damage.
      Since he is finishing up radiation he wants to try the laser. Please share any info you may have of first or second hand knowledge – location does not matter he is ready to go-
      Not really- too sick now, but when he is well enough.
    Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          The Verizon commercial is just that. Sadly. A Verizon commercial for 5G technology with some vague commentary about laser surgery. We have been doing 3-D films in medicine for over a decade. Laser technology is already used at times, and often is, of sorts, in brain tumors. In the sense that a “laser” would be a beam that is carefully guided by specially completed films to do away with tumors….it is tantamount to SRS (stereotactic radiation) or gamma knife. Which is perhaps basically what your father is doing currently. I fear the sneaky insinuation of this ad though….is just that – sneaky insinuation in an ad for Verizon. Just my take. But, I hope it helps. Celeste
      Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics