The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Large melanoma on duodenum and on Yervoy for 2nd time

Forums General Melanoma Community Large melanoma on duodenum and on Yervoy for 2nd time

Participant

Hi, I am new to the forum.  I have Stage 4 melanoma, and I am on my second go round with Yervoy.  I am getting more tumors, but the one causing the most trouble is in my stomach/intestine.  It is next to my aorta and vena cava, and the surgeon says it is risky to take out, but if he doesn't I could have complete blockage.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Hi, I am new to the forum.  I have Stage 4 melanoma, and I am on my second go round with Yervoy.  I am getting more tumors, but the one causing the most trouble is in my stomach/intestine.  It is next to my aorta and vena cava, and the surgeon says it is risky to take out, but if he doesn't I could have complete blockage.  Has anyone else had this problem?

I am scared and angry.  I have had melanoma for 2 years, and have had so many problems.  I am getting tired of fighting.  The thought of peritonitis from a exploding bowel is not the way I want to go, however.

Thanks!!!

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Charlie S
        Participant

No doubt you are scared and angry. What do YOU want to do is the question.

As a point of consideration, I've had melanoma for damn near a quarter of a century and have had MANY problems;

Buck up. 

This is no easy road and it a road paved with lies and misconceptions,

Tired of fighting?  Then just quit, give up and stop.  and don't expect an apology from me.

Do what you want.

Read that again………………..do what you want.

Quit or fight.state your case, , but don't whine.

Charlie S

kennedy
            Participant

It's will be not ease tomorrow when i'll look for a doctor to examine my son. Will be not ease. He has only 12 years old and turning into a man, I can see in your tits inflating. Why my god ? why ? But what drives me to despair is to see some devastating depositions here. Sorry, i'm not prepared to this yet. I hope you find some confort to yourself.

Theresa123
              Participant

I am so sorry for your son.  My prayers are with you.  I should not be whining.  I hope your son gets better very soon.

Theresa123
                Participant

I am so sorry for your son.  My prayers are with you.  I should not be whining.  I hope your son gets better very soon.

Theresa123
                  Participant

Theresa123
                    Participant

Theresa123
                      Participant

Theresa123
                        Participant

Charlie S
                          Participant

The downside of life is death.

Not MY rules and it sure does suck.  I do beleive  there is a choice of length and quality/quantity though, ever how slight.

And I surely do think life is what you make it.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                            Participant

Not MY rules and it sure does suck.  I do beleive  there is a choice of length and quality/quantity though, ever how slight.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                              Participant

Charlie S

kennedy
                                Participant

It's will be not ease tomorrow when i'll look for a doctor to examine my son. Will be not ease. He has only 12 years old and turning into a man, I can see in your tits inflating. Why my god ? why ? But what drives me to despair is to see some devastating depositions here. Sorry, i'm not prepared to this yet. I hope you find some confort to yourself.

kennedy
                                  Participant

Theresa123
                                    Participant

Thanks for the kick in the pants, Charlie!!

Theresa123
                                      Participant

Theresa123
                                        Participant

Theresa123
                                          Participant

Theresa123
                                            Participant

Theresa123
                                              Participant

Charlie S
                                              Participant

As a point of consideration, I've had melanoma for damn near a quarter of a century and have had MANY problems;

Buck up. 

Tired of fighting?  Then just quit, give up and stop.  and don't expect an apology from me.

Do what you want.

Charlie S

Charlie S
                                                Participant

Buck up. 

Do what you want.

Charlie S

LynnLuc
                                                  Participant

Mine was not in my intestines, but was pressing against my superior vena cave and cutting of the blood supply to the top half of my body. I had no option then but Myo surgeon did a thoracotomy. I am also stage 4 but NED now. Hoping you the best and the growth may slow now and begin to shrink since you are on Yervoy! Lynn

LynnLuc
                                                    Participant

Mine was not in my intestines, but was pressing against my superior vena cave and cutting of the blood supply to the top half of my body. I had no option then but Myo surgeon did a thoracotomy. I am also stage 4 but NED now. Hoping you the best and the growth may slow now and begin to shrink since you are on Yervoy! Lynn

LynnLuc
                                                      Participant

Cynthia C
                                                        Participant

Howdy from Colorado!

I'm just sending you a hug (to kind of offset Charlie's kick-in-the-pants). I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers (I really do pray) to give you strength in whatever you decide to do.

Cynthia C

Cynthia C
                                                          Participant

Howdy from Colorado!

I'm just sending you a hug (to kind of offset Charlie's kick-in-the-pants). I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers (I really do pray) to give you strength in whatever you decide to do.

Cynthia C

Cynthia C
                                                            Participant

Howdy from Colorado!

Cynthia C

Theresa123
                                                                Participant

Thank you, Cynthia!!  prayers help so much.  Much love…..

Theresa123
                                                                  Participant

Theresa123
                                                                    Participant

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                    Participant

Sorry you are having a rough time. Intestinal mets can really cause problems. My husband had 3 and one was causing a intussusception (blockage). He got really crampy and bloated. They showed up on a PETscan. They did surgery in two resections of his bowel. They got it all and he has been disease free for over 2 years.

Trust me, it was also exploratory so we were worried about what else might be lurking. I know easier said than done, but you should get another opinion, see if you can find a doctor that will do the surgery. The surgery is miserable but better than dealing with the alternative.

It is scary and you have every right to be scared and angry.

Rebecca

Theresa123
                                                                        Participant

Thanks Rebecca!!  I am scared, angry, tired and nauseated.  I hope this Yervoy helps.  I am so happy for you and your husband!!!

Theresa123
                                                                          Participant

Thanks Rebecca!!  I am scared, angry, tired and nauseated.  I hope this Yervoy helps.  I am so happy for you and your husband!!!

Theresa123
                                                                            Participant

Theresa123
                                                                              Participant

Theresa123
                                                                                Participant

Theresa123
                                                                                  Participant

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                  Participant

Sorry you are having a rough time. Intestinal mets can really cause problems. My husband had 3 and one was causing a intussusception (blockage). He got really crampy and bloated. They showed up on a PETscan. They did surgery in two resections of his bowel. They got it all and he has been disease free for over 2 years.

Trust me, it was also exploratory so we were worried about what else might be lurking. I know easier said than done, but you should get another opinion, see if you can find a doctor that will do the surgery. The surgery is miserable but better than dealing with the alternative.

Rebecca

Rebecca and Bob
                                                                                    Participant

Rebecca

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics