The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Lambrolizumab/NED

Forums General Melanoma Community Lambrolizumab/NED

Participant

I have been on the Lambrolizumab trial (MK3475) at The Angeles Clinic for four infusions now and had my first CT scan today.  My lungs, which previously had 5 small tumors, are clear; the tumors are gone!  This is such great news.  I hope the results are as good for others on this trial. 

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        BrianP
        Participant

Fantastic news!!!  Thanks for sharing your great news.  Gives everyone hope. 

Is Lambrolizumab Merck's equivalent to BMS's nivolumab? 

Enjoy your new NED status.  What a great feeling that must be.

Brian

BrianP
          Participant

Brian

Jaryllane
              Participant

Yes, Lambrolizumab has to do with the PD1 pathway as does nivolumab.  Quite honestly I don't understand the science behind all this, but I'm glad it works!

godisgreat
                Participant

Great to hear it worked. How long were you on the medication for.

My father is on it for his head and neck cancer and been five weeks, and it looks like it is growing :/

godisgreat
                  Participant

My father is on it for his head and neck cancer and been five weeks, and it looks like it is growing :/

godisgreat
                    Participant

Jaryllane
                      Participant

Yes, Lambrolizumab has to do with the PD1 pathway as does nivolumab.  Quite honestly I don't understand the science behind all this, but I'm glad it works!

Jaryllane
                        Participant

BrianP
                        Participant

Brian

JerryfromFauq
                          Participant

WOW, GREAT!

JerryfromFauq
                            Participant

WOW, GREAT!

JerryfromFauq
                              Participant

WOW, GREAT!

Hstevens0072
                                Participant
                                  I have also been on this trial for four infusions, my scans are next week. Your news has helped calm my anxiety. My tumors are also in my lungs. Did you do any treatment prior to the trial? I did Ipi but wasn’t a responder. My trial is at Dana Farber.
                                  I am so happy for you ๐Ÿ™‚
                                    Jaryllane
                                    Participant

I do wish you the best of luck next week.  I think the last few days of waiting for the scans are the most difficult.  I did not have any prior treatment, other than a surgery to remove the first tumor that showed up in my lung in July of 2012..  My new tumors were discovered in January when they were very small. I have the highest praise for my fabulous oncologist Lawrence Piro who has been looking after me for years since I had lymphoma in 2003-2004.  And right now I'm rather a fan of Big Pharma too!

Jaryllane
                                      Participant

I do wish you the best of luck next week.  I think the last few days of waiting for the scans are the most difficult.  I did not have any prior treatment, other than a surgery to remove the first tumor that showed up in my lung in July of 2012..  My new tumors were discovered in January when they were very small. I have the highest praise for my fabulous oncologist Lawrence Piro who has been looking after me for years since I had lymphoma in 2003-2004.  And right now I'm rather a fan of Big Pharma too!

Jaryllane
                                        Participant

Hstevens0072
                                        Participant
                                          I have also been on this trial for four infusions, my scans are next week. Your news has helped calm my anxiety. My tumors are also in my lungs. Did you do any treatment prior to the trial? I did Ipi but wasn’t a responder. My trial is at Dana Farber.
                                          Hstevens0072
                                          Participant
                                        Viewing 8 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics