The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Knute Update

Forums General Melanoma Community Knute Update

Participant

Knutes brain bleed has stopped and he has been moved to a regular room for observation.  Speech comes and goes as does understanding of what he hears.  He wanted to know WHAT foreign language he was speaking– since we couldn't understand him.  If I only knew the answer! It was english I'm pretty sure.  Still right side involvement.  As the blood moves a bit he can sometimes close his right hand if he is looking at it.  He can't do it at all if asked.

I'm hoping for more in the way of answers on Monday. 

Pam

Knutes brain bleed has stopped and he has been moved to a regular room for observation.  Speech comes and goes as does understanding of what he hears.  He wanted to know WHAT foreign language he was speaking– since we couldn't understand him.  If I only knew the answer! It was english I'm pretty sure.  Still right side involvement.  As the blood moves a bit he can sometimes close his right hand if he is looking at it.  He can't do it at all if asked.

I'm hoping for more in the way of answers on Monday. 

Pam

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Lori C
        Participant

I am glad there has been some progress and you will remain in my prayers – may there be much more progress very soon and good answers.

Bonnie Lea
          Participant

Pam this is Bonnie…tell Kurt that he was speaking CANADIAN!  I am glad to hear he has been moved to a regular room and we are constantly lifting both you up in prayer.angel

Sherron
            Participant

Praying for you both that things will continue to get better each day!

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

Sherron
              Participant

Praying for you both that things will continue to get better each day!

Take Care,

Sherron, wife to Jim

Donna
                Participant

Thinking of you guys and glad to hear there has been some improvement. Stay strong — Donna R (Jaime's mom)

Donna
                  Participant

Thinking of you guys and glad to hear there has been some improvement. Stay strong — Donna R (Jaime's mom)

lhaley
                    Participant

Pam,

I'm glad the brain bleed has stopped. You both have been so strong through this.  Sending good vibes and prayers for more improvement.

Linda

lhaley
                      Participant

Pam,

I'm glad the brain bleed has stopped. You both have been so strong through this.  Sending good vibes and prayers for more improvement.

Linda

King
                        Participant

Pam,

I can only try to imagine how frustrating this must be for all of you.  Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong
                          King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

King
                          Participant

Pam,

I can only try to imagine how frustrating this must be for all of you.  Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay Strong
                            King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

ValinMtl
                            Participant

I know if anybody can do this together, it will be the both of you.  Always in my prayers!!  Stay strong. Val xx

ValinMtl
                              Participant

I know if anybody can do this together, it will be the both of you.  Always in my prayers!!  Stay strong. Val xx

Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics