The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Knute brain met treatment

Forums General Melanoma Community Knute brain met treatment

Participant

Knute had gamma knife last wednesday for the two new brain mets.  We have started the weaning process from the steriods and hope to be able to get in an IPI trial in Sept.  He is doing well and is active on Facebook with the smaller screen provided by his I phone his visual problems are lessened.  A complete computer screen has too much visual information at one time.  It is a crazy side effect of his brain mets and their locations. We hope to get after those new lung mets in the near future.

Pam

Knute had gamma knife last wednesday for the two new brain mets.  We have started the weaning process from the steriods and hope to be able to get in an IPI trial in Sept.  He is doing well and is active on Facebook with the smaller screen provided by his I phone his visual problems are lessened.  A complete computer screen has too much visual information at one time.  It is a crazy side effect of his brain mets and their locations. We hope to get after those new lung mets in the near future.

Pam

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        Jerry from Cape Cod
        Participant

Hi Pam,

Thanks for the update.  My best to Knute.

Jerry from Cape Cod

Bonnie Lea
          Participant

Dear Pam

Just you and Kurt keep on holding tight!  Peace be with you and I am constantly praying hard for you all.

King
            Participant

Pam,

Thanks for the update on Knute.  I, too, hope he gets in the Ipi trial next month and that he has a great response.  You two are amazing!

Stay Strong
              King

Stage IV 7/05 Liver mets

Sharon in Reno
                Participant

Sending you guys positive vibes for a great outcome. love, Sharon in Reno, Stage IV

ValinMtl
                Participant

Knute is just such a passionate and amazing warrier.  He will overcome this recent set back and WILL beat the beast, he's so very strong. Sending healthy vibes to both he and his wonderful caregiver.  Val

Rodensir
                    Participant

Good Luck I hope it all works out.

Allan

Tim–MRF

Pam,

Thank you for posting this update.  I have thought of you and Knute many times over the past weeks, wondering how you are doing.  Great to get the update.

Please give Knute my best.

Tim–MRF

JerryfromFauq
                      Participant

So glad to hear that his vision has improved.  I know how much the lowering of the ability to read effects one.   What a fighter and what a helpmate.  Praying for you both.

Sharon in Reno
                          Participant

Just an update from my Cyberknife/SRS. 3 wks ago..I am going bald right along my scar line…smooth as a baby's butt. Is he losing his hair? Oh and doctor finally told me to stop talking steroids last Wed. and now I have lost my appettie…yeah but still can't sleep longer than 3-4 hrs…hope to lose the 20 lbs I've packed on this last months oh yeah and the swelling on my neck, face and back is going down. Take good care, Sharon in Reno Stage IV

Wife of Carl
                          Participant

Pam,

Thanks for the update.  I am glad to hear that Kurt is getting treatment.  At what location will he be getting ippi?

Pat

Viewing 6 reply threads
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics