The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Kim From Iowa…Ten Year Later

Forums General Melanoma Community Kim From Iowa…Ten Year Later

Participant

So, it was ten years:  one hundred and twenty months ago that Kim Hanley died in my arms due to compllications  of melanoma alongside her best friend Mary.

Kim and I were star crossed.   We chatted here in the days when MPIP was rockin' and ended up meeting in person .

We traveled from Des Moines tto the Mayo Clinic to MD 
      Anderson to work her problem; which ended up being lung and brain mets.

When her scans looked good, on Monday,  we slapped hands because the lung mets were gone and the brain mets were shrinking.

Friday, she was constipated; ended up getting local scans on Saturday and seeing her local onc on Monday.

Her liver was ate up with melanoma….just in a week.

One week later she wad dead in my arms.

Kim was the best,  I have no doubt that she knew she was dying and dying soon, but she did it with class.

I love her and I miss her, but I am better for the experience.

Charlie S

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Hey Charlie,

Sorry for your sadness on this day, but happy for your fond remembrances as well.  Glad to hear from you.  We here, are all "better for the experience" of Charlie S, too.  Yours, celeste

Bubbles
          Participant

Hey Charlie,

Sorry for your sadness on this day, but happy for your fond remembrances as well.  Glad to hear from you.  We here, are all "better for the experience" of Charlie S, too.  Yours, celeste

Bubbles
            Participant

Hey Charlie,

casagrayson
              Participant

I'm so sorry you lost Kim, Charlie.  She was lucky to have you.

casagrayson
                Participant

casagrayson
                  Participant

Janner
                    Participant

Miss Kim, miss a lot from those days.  Be well Charlie!

Janner
                      Participant

Janner
                        Participant

Rocco
                          Participant
                            I remember, Charlie. I was a newbie back in 2005 and lived on the board reading every post. Kim’s posts and blog helped me. I remember crying when I read that she was gone.
                            Rocco
                            Participant
                              I remember, Charlie. I was a newbie back in 2005 and lived on the board reading every post. Kim’s posts and blog helped me. I remember crying when I read that she was gone.
                              Rocco
                              Participant
                            Viewing 11 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics