The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keytruda results?

Forums General Melanoma Community Keytruda results?

Participant
      I have Stage IV melanoma, but it’s not on my skin. It’s all internal tumours. After four times with Keytruda I had a scan to see how it’s working. Everything has decreased by about 50%. To me that sounds great! Is it about normal? Better than usual? Or not? Can I expect continued progress like that? (My usual doctor was out of town, so I have to wait 3 weeks to ask her questions like this.)
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          Hi Tsvetochka, nice to have a 50% response at 3 months. So now you want to know what the pattern in the future will be? Great question and I am not sure if there is an answer other than “time”!!! Patterns of response are varied but having one of 50% is great. Things to consider, was your scan a Ct or a Pet-Ct, makes a difference in this way. A Pet-ct will give indication if tumor seen on scan has active cancer or is just dead tissue or scar tissue. Case in point, I have a lung tumor that decreased in size from 3.5 cm to about 1.1 cm, 5 years ago and scan after scan the tumor just stayed the same. About 1.5 years ago I was able to get approved a Pet-ct that showed no SUV uptake which to me means, what we see on my scans is dead tissue or scar tissue. How big was the original tumor or tumors? Good luck with future treatments and scans!!!Ed
            sharonlynn210
            Participant
              Hello Ed,
              My son Ryan was diagnosed Jan.26 2018. He did a year of Keytruda.He has two lung nodules we have been watching since May 2018. They have both remained stable at 4mm and 3mm. I always wondered if they could be dead tissue or something I have to always worry about. They have never done a second Pet always ct scans.
              ed williams
              Participant
                Hi Sharon, I hear you loud and clear, wouldn’t it be nice to know!!! Standards range all over the world when it comes to getting Pet-ct vs regular ct follow up. I live in Canada and $$$ matter when it comes to health care, not that I am complaining, it is great to have world class health care. If you can get a Pet-ct and there is no SUV uptake by the tumor it would calm your nerves as it has mine!!!Take care !!!Ed
                Tsvetochka
                Participant
                  I had a CT scan. That’s good to know about PET scans. I’ll have to ask if they’re an option for me.

The biggest tumour was 9cm, on my adrenal gland. There are three that are smaller in different places, including lung, plus lymph nodes.

MelMel
                Participant
                  I was on combo treatment (two infusions only- both in Nov of last year after which I had to stop treatment. There was a 50% reduction at end of Dec., only 2 months of starting treatment. 30% (at the end of Feb., even though I was off treatment since end of Nov.), 0 % reduction (in May before I resumed treatment with opdivo only) and 13 % (in Aug., 3 months after restarting single drug treatment). I have no idea what is normal or expected but the mere fact that there is a reduction and not a growth should be most welcome. Your result seems like a win-win BONUS! Congratulations!
                  Melanie
              Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics