The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keloid Scarring Behind Knee

Forums General Melanoma Community Keloid Scarring Behind Knee

Participant
      My WLE has turned into a monster Keliod with some lymphodema from the SNLB.

Well the location of this excision has been anything but simple. Stage 1a, but the scar had to run at the back of my knee.

This thing won’t heal, though Physical Therapy is helping. I’m doing Vitamin E Oil and keeping up with massaging and stretching to get back the range of motion.

The actual melanoma was 0.9mm, the Keliod is out of control! I also came back positive for CDKN2A P16 so there’s that too.

I thought I was done with all this stuff years ago but apparently not. Doesn’t it just suck so bad when all you want is to have out it in the past and you get new primaries coming up?

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        WithinMySkin
        Participant
          Oh my goodness – not fun! Its hard enough to be swiss cheese with all the scars of melanoma but that kind of scarring just adds insult to injury. I used essential oils to help heal my scars (myrrh oil and frankincense oil with jojoba) but it may be best to ask the derm how to work with keloid scars. Hoping this is your final tango with the beast!
          Lauren
            almostalice
            Participant

Hey thank you for the reply.

Nope no fun at all and probabbly not my last battle with WLE's, I'm not even 40 years old yet. The Vitamin E oil has been helping and with PT I gained back enough motion to still be able to cycle. I guess it's just so inflammed right now as it's only a few months out from surgery.

Lympodema too from the SLNB … Yay!

Viewing 0 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics