The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Forums General Melanoma Community Keeping my fingers crossed

Participant

Met with my oncologist yesterday after being kicked off the ipi trial for suspicious activity in lungs. He said my CT scan showed 20 spots, but told me yesterday he feels there's only 2 that look suspicioius and may be melanoma.  That being said, we'll re-scan in 3 weeks to see if any of these spots have changed.  I can only hope that they have either disappeared or havn't changed in anyway.  Since I just had surgery and lymph node dissection 2.5 months ago, I really don't want to progress to Stage 4 so quickly cause that would say alot about my melanoma.

Met with my oncologist yesterday after being kicked off the ipi trial for suspicious activity in lungs. He said my CT scan showed 20 spots, but told me yesterday he feels there's only 2 that look suspicioius and may be melanoma.  That being said, we'll re-scan in 3 weeks to see if any of these spots have changed.  I can only hope that they have either disappeared or havn't changed in anyway.  Since I just had surgery and lymph node dissection 2.5 months ago, I really don't want to progress to Stage 4 so quickly cause that would say alot about my melanoma.

Anyway, if there is change, we're going with decarbazine. I've been pumping my body full of so many holistic supplements for the past 3 months, so I really hope my own immune system will remove whatever is in my lungs.  I hope like many of you, these spots won't change and I can go on feeling a bitt better about things until the next round of scans. 

Keeping the faith.

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        ShariC
        Participant

Hi Lisa – Just wanted to wish you good thoughts as you head into this next set of scans/tests/treatment option decisions.  We're on similar paths….I started earlier than you (July 2010), but had similar experiences with doctors who said "its nothing, lets burn it off right now"…and then a call the NEXT DAY with "its bad…its MM".  You can read my profile, I think its pretty up to date.  I chose radiation and then biochemotherapy.  Finished that in Feb of this year but they found that a small MM tumor I had reacted very positively to the treatment (nearly went away). 

So, I get to classify myself as NED…but, until it is sustained for a year or so, I won't feel very comfortable!  My next scan is June 28th.  Here's to living while being on this crazy roller coaster!  I took my son (he's almost 9) to Costa Rica last month and I have so many trips planned for this year its crazy..not sure how to fit work in !!  Shari

ShariC
          Participant

Hi Lisa – Just wanted to wish you good thoughts as you head into this next set of scans/tests/treatment option decisions.  We're on similar paths….I started earlier than you (July 2010), but had similar experiences with doctors who said "its nothing, lets burn it off right now"…and then a call the NEXT DAY with "its bad…its MM".  You can read my profile, I think its pretty up to date.  I chose radiation and then biochemotherapy.  Finished that in Feb of this year but they found that a small MM tumor I had reacted very positively to the treatment (nearly went away). 

So, I get to classify myself as NED…but, until it is sustained for a year or so, I won't feel very comfortable!  My next scan is June 28th.  Here's to living while being on this crazy roller coaster!  I took my son (he's almost 9) to Costa Rica last month and I have so many trips planned for this year its crazy..not sure how to fit work in !!  Shari

Carol Taylor
            Participant

Keeping the faith with you, Lisa.

Lord, in Your mercy, thank you 20 are down to maybe 2. Keeping Lisa in prayer. Amen.

Carol Taylor
              Participant

Keeping the faith with you, Lisa.

Lord, in Your mercy, thank you 20 are down to maybe 2. Keeping Lisa in prayer. Amen.

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics