The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just found out I have melanoma. Help!!!

Forums General Melanoma Community Just found out I have melanoma. Help!!!

Participant

I just found out that I have "maligant melanoma". Am scheduled to see Doctor for consultation tomorrow for upcoming test/surgery next week. Getting Sentinal lymph node test and Wide local excision. Im 69 and I admit I am a little scared. I have taken being shot at, blown up and stabbed but that was when I thought I was immortal. I could sure us some advice now

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies

Try not to panic.  Find out what the plan is.  Bring a notebook and write everything down.  Ask for copies of everything, diagnostics reports, etc.  I have mine in a binder.  Everything the doc says will become a blur and you will forget the specifics.  Having something to look back at will help.  This is scary but you can do this.  We do this all the time.  I get stabbed (by a professional) every two weeks.  Breathe, buckle up and try to enjoy the ride.  

Good wishes to you,

Jennifer

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics