The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Just a positive observation

Forums General Melanoma Community Just a positive observation

Participant

I spent several hours last night on the memorial pages, paying particular attention to those memorials that had a link and maybe a photo.  Many of the stories were so inspiring.  What I noticed as I was scanning through the pages, is a significant decrease in memorials post approximately 2011-2012 range.  There were many, from the past 5 years, but not nearly as prolific as prior to the introduction of all the new treatment options.  For me, it gave me a ton of hope, and thought I would share this positive observation.  Keep fighting and believing in Faith!

Jonathon

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        mjanssentx
        Participant

Jonathon – great observation…can't wait to see the updated statistics for the different stages so that we can bury those older numbers.

Michel

jc2dad
            Participant
              Yes, me too. Imagine what a 10, 15 or even 20% increase in 5 year and 10 year survival rates can do for newly diagnosed when they begin their research. If the picture were not so bleak, so many would not feel hopeless.
            cancersnewnormal
            Participant

There certainly was a pivotal point in research and treatments that has made a big difference. It is also exciting to see the new trials coming along, and hear from patients helping to facilitate even further research! While it is heartbreaking to see posts from those who have still faced loss, we also know that their experiences have helped so many. There is so much more hope out there… not only for we patients, but for the doctors who chose to stick it out in a specialty with  such dire history. It is nice that they are able to see more and more of their patients having success!

jc2dad
                Participant
                  I agree N iki. I pray regularly for my care team, not only for skill in my treatment but also for hope and comfort in a difficult field of medicine.
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics