The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Julie in SoCal

Forums General Melanoma Community Julie in SoCal

Participant

Dear Julie,

I have been thinking of you, hope everything is ok…

Take care,

Patrisa

Viewing 6 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant

Ditto!!! c

Julie in SoCal
          Participant

Hi Patrisa and Celeste!

Thanks for thinking about me.  I'm mostly recovered from the VATs lobectomy and am now recovering from having 4 intransits resected.  The whole experience (lung biopsy and VATs) probably freaked me out more than it needed to.  It was no fun, but not terrible.

Right now I'm in the hurry up and wait process of getting a treatment figured for non-small cell lung cancer.  I'm pretty sure the plan will be 4 rounds of chemo and 6 weeks of daily radiation (chemo-beamo) but I don't know which chemo.  I'll talk with the Rock Star tomorrow and see if we can get a two-fer and find a chemo that will kill the lung cancer and keep mel at bay for awhile (until it's her turn again).  This is the plan.

Thanks again for asking!

Julie

Bubbles
              Participant

So glad you are through that part of things, Julie!!!  Good to hear from you.  Hang in there.  I will be thinking of you and your doc as you plan your treatment today!!! c

Patrisa
              Participant

Thank you Julie for posting, you know we are worriers/ warriors:-)) and care deeply for you and everybody else too!

I admire your strength and calmness so much, I hope you get that lung stuff out of the equation asap and continue to do well with mel…

Hugs,

Patrisa

Scooby123
                Participant

Keep up the good work me Julie x Glad you are on the mend x

Scooby

casagrayson
                  Participant

Good to hear from you, Julie!

jenny22
                    Participant

Hi- happy to see this post, as i was thinking about you too julie.

Hope you get your treatment plan soon for the lung part….my husand had a VATS lobectomy chemo and radiation for stage III non small cell lung cancer….that was 8 years ago…..still going strong…look forward to you getting this part behind you, so you can get back to MEL……sorry to hear about the latest instransits…..

Keep us posted….

best,

jenny

Momofjake
                      Participant

I want to be as tough as you! Glad one step is behind you. Hope your recovery is fast and your cancer-s are slow!! 

Tjanks for the update! 

Kerri

Viewing 6 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics