The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

JP drain

Forums General Melanoma Community JP drain

Participant
      I had my lymphedectomy done in my groin a month ago. I had my surgeon appointment today. I knew he would still keep the drain. It drains quite a bit. He will keep it for next two weeks.
      I feel I m covered in crust all over my body. Gross.. I haven’t taken a shower for a whole month. My dog is looking at me from her side of the couch with a question in her eyes when we will finally go for a nice walk. The surgeon said it’s a nasty surgery with long healing time. Grrr!
    Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        JudiAU
        Participant
          I’m sorry. That is a terrible feeling. The first thing I did after a craniotomy was to cut off my hair. My surgeon wanted something like six weeks with no hair wash. No way.
            Daisy2018
            Participant
              I guess your response puts things In prospective. I would have been devastated to cut my hair I should not whine and complain. I was able to wash my hair from the sink at least!
            JudiAU
            Participant
              Lol. I’ve had to do it three times now although I was smart enough to get it cut professionally last time. Now it is a joke— once my hair gets to a certain length my husband and I joke about brain surgery time!
                Bubbles
                Participant
                  Oh, Judi!!! Couldn’t help but laugh! Cancer humor is the best! HA! My sister always says that when any fur starts flying, the first thing I do is cut off my hair! Best to be prepared, huh? Hugs to you. Very hopeful that you are DONE with any more “brain surgery time”!!! I think you’ve been there, done that – ENOUGH!!! c
                  Daisy2018
                  Participant
                    It would sound funny if it was not sad.
                    Hopefully it’s the last surgery for you and the last for me. Thank you for our response.
                    Daisy2018
                    Participant
                      I had a doctor appointment on Friday. Doctor wants to have a drain for two more weeks. It will be total of 6 weeks. He wants me to continue taking antibiotics. It will be 4 weeks total. How long did you guys had the drain in?
                Viewing 1 reply thread
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics