The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

John from Bangkok checking in – encouraging news.

Forums General Melanoma Community John from Bangkok checking in – encouraging news.

Participant

Hi all

Just though I would check in with a postive update. Since my diagnosis (Stage 3B – Lymph node in leg)  and LND operation back in Feb 2008 , some 5 PET Scans and numerous blood test later – no sign of disease. I went for surgery only option (no interferon or other treatment), and am feeling fit and healthy. Running "mini-iron-man" (running,cycling,swimming) events and enjoying life.  

Best of luck to everyone.

Live Strong

John from Bangkok

Hi all

Just though I would check in with a postive update. Since my diagnosis (Stage 3B – Lymph node in leg)  and LND operation back in Feb 2008 , some 5 PET Scans and numerous blood test later – no sign of disease. I went for surgery only option (no interferon or other treatment), and am feeling fit and healthy. Running "mini-iron-man" (running,cycling,swimming) events and enjoying life.  

Best of luck to everyone.

Live Strong

John from Bangkok

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        Julie in SoCal
        Participant

HI John,

This is encouraging news!!!  I'm happy dancing with you!!!

I'm looking to move to Thailand early next year.  Can you tell me where you had your treatment in Bangkok? Was it Bamrungrad?  I'm hoping that I can do all my scans and checks and stuff there, without having to return to the US for them.

Thanks for your help,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
          Participant

HI John,

I'm looking to move to Thailand early next year.  Can you tell me where you had your treatment in Bangkok? Was it Bamrungrad?  I'm hoping that I can do all my scans and checks and stuff there, without having to return to the US for them.

Thanks for your help,

Julie

Julie in SoCal
            Participant

HI John,

Thanks for your help,

Julie

John T
                Participant

Hi Julie

Hope all is going well.

I had my operation, all my PET Scans and my surgeon and  oncologist  are at Bangkok Hospital – both very senior as I have connections there. Very pleased with ability, machines, service etc. I can certainly refer you to the same doctors. (Also visited Peter Mac – a top melanoma hospital in Australia – and they confirmed all procedures and advice was in line with their own thinking) All equipment is very new and flash! (also, strangely, they have periodic "promotions" on PET scan fees!) 

However I go to see the skin doctor at Bumrungrad, he is great guy, trained at Harvard, very familiar with Melanoma, and friend of a friend. He as actually partner/owner of the Laser Skin Surgery at Bumrungrad.    I can cettainly introduce you to him too, or search for him on site – Dr Pravit.

Please do feel free to email if you need any more information or help. 

Live strong and best regards

John

Julie in SoCal
                  Participant

Thanks John for the information.

I'm also doing well and NED!!

Who's your Dr. at Bangkok Hospital?

I'll see my Dr. here in southern California at the end of next month month and if all my scans and stuff go as well as they have in the recent past, I'm hoping to go to Thailand for a year in Jan.  So I'm putting together a plan for monitoring for the year.

Appreciate your help,

Julie

John T
                    Participant

Hi Julie

The surgeon who did my LND is Dr Tanapon and Oncologist is Dr Surachart. 

Hope your visit to Dr goes well and we get to meet up in Bangkok!

Best regards

John

Julie in SoCal
                      Participant

Thanks John!  Appreciate your help!

Yes, maybe we'll meet in the land of smiles!

Julie

Julie in SoCal
                        Participant

Thanks John!  Appreciate your help!

Yes, maybe we'll meet in the land of smiles!

Julie

John T
                          Participant

Hi Julie

The surgeon who did my LND is Dr Tanapon and Oncologist is Dr Surachart. 

Hope your visit to Dr goes well and we get to meet up in Bangkok!

Best regards

John

Julie in SoCal
                            Participant

Thanks John for the information.

I'm also doing well and NED!!

Who's your Dr. at Bangkok Hospital?

I'll see my Dr. here in southern California at the end of next month month and if all my scans and stuff go as well as they have in the recent past, I'm hoping to go to Thailand for a year in Jan.  So I'm putting together a plan for monitoring for the year.

Appreciate your help,

Julie

John T
                              Participant

Hi Julie

Hope all is going well.

I had my operation, all my PET Scans and my surgeon and  oncologist  are at Bangkok Hospital – both very senior as I have connections there. Very pleased with ability, machines, service etc. I can certainly refer you to the same doctors. (Also visited Peter Mac – a top melanoma hospital in Australia – and they confirmed all procedures and advice was in line with their own thinking) All equipment is very new and flash! (also, strangely, they have periodic "promotions" on PET scan fees!) 

However I go to see the skin doctor at Bumrungrad, he is great guy, trained at Harvard, very familiar with Melanoma, and friend of a friend. He as actually partner/owner of the Laser Skin Surgery at Bumrungrad.    I can cettainly introduce you to him too, or search for him on site – Dr Pravit.

Please do feel free to email if you need any more information or help. 

Live strong and best regards

John

Julie in SoCal
                              Participant

HI John,

Thanks for your help,

Julie

jag
                                Participant

Good news John,

Glad to hear it.

jag
                                  Participant

Good news John,

Glad to hear it.

Viewing 5 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics