The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jim Allison Breakthrough on sale – Amazon

Forums General Melanoma Community Jim Allison Breakthrough on sale – Amazon

Participant
      All of us fighting melanoma should be giving much thanks to Dr. James Allison. He is the doctor / researcher that finally figured out a big part of our immune system. Dr. Allison had to argue with plenty of pharmaceutical people, researchers and also fellow doctors.

His movie “Jim Allison Breakthrough” has been shown in several locations. It has just been announced that Amazon is retailing his movie. It will be $5 to rent, $10 to buy and $20 for the DVD.
      A lot of people are intrigued by this movie. Might be a good movie to have around on the next wintry day.

Viewing 2 reply threads
    • Replies
        ed williams
        Participant
          This link to his speech from award of Nobel prize starts at 4 min mark and is pretty good as well!!! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0kuh7G9CP9Y
          Coragirl
          Participant
            Watched the movie a few days ago with Allyn. It is so good! Mr. Allison is a character as well as a genius.
            Edwin
            Participant
              This film is excellent. I am alive thanks to Dr Jim Allison. I was diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma in August 2015.
                gopher38
                Participant
                  It is an interesting film, especially for anyone who would happen to be browsing this site.

” I am alive thanks to Dr Jim Allison. ”

That does make me question my career choices, as I shuffle papers on my desk from one tray to another …. sigh

Viewing 2 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics