The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jay and Clints Melanoma Road Trip

Forums General Melanoma Community Jay and Clints Melanoma Road Trip

Participant

G'Day Everyone,

http://www.melanomaroadtripusa.com/blog/

G'Day Everyone,

http://www.melanomaroadtripusa.com/blog/

Thought some of you may be interested in this. For those of you in the states, keep your eyes peeled for Clint and Jay! My partner Craig and myself have been lucky enough to get to know Clint over the pas tfew years and he really is an amazing person. He recently won 'Young West Australian of the year' which put him in the running for 'Young Australian of the year'. Unfortunately he was pipped at the post by a girl who sailed her boat around Australia. If you ask me, the difference that Clint has made to so many peoples lives here in WA made him the most deserving of the award, but it wasnt to be. Hopefully a few of you will check out their site, follow their journey, and may be lucky enough to come across them.

All the best

Lisa – Aust 

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        EricNJill
        Participant

Hi Lisa!  Jay & Clint are actually coming to our house and staying with us!  I'm very excited.  We are the second stop on their trip.  Eric and I have been in touch with Jay for more than 2 years now.  It will be so nice to finally meet him in person.

Lisa – Aust
            Participant

Hi Jill!

Wow small world hey, where abouts are you in the US? You will love Clint, he is very inspiring 🙂 I just also read your post about the BRAF/MEK trial, the pictures are amazing! You must be feeling very hopeful. It was nice for me to see that as Craig has just started (on thurs) on the same trial. Well it must be a little different as apparently hes the first person in the world on this particular one, but its BRAF/MEK. Its a strange feeling, I thought id be feeling better about him getting started, but then of course the worry sets in and the 'will it work?' Anyway, its out of our hands now, most people seem to be having a great response so fingers crossed he will be one of the lucky ones.

Let us know how things go with the boys!

All the best

Lisa – Aust

Lisa – Aust
              Participant

Hi Jill!

Wow small world hey, where abouts are you in the US? You will love Clint, he is very inspiring 🙂 I just also read your post about the BRAF/MEK trial, the pictures are amazing! You must be feeling very hopeful. It was nice for me to see that as Craig has just started (on thurs) on the same trial. Well it must be a little different as apparently hes the first person in the world on this particular one, but its BRAF/MEK. Its a strange feeling, I thought id be feeling better about him getting started, but then of course the worry sets in and the 'will it work?' Anyway, its out of our hands now, most people seem to be having a great response so fingers crossed he will be one of the lucky ones.

Let us know how things go with the boys!

All the best

Lisa – Aust

EricNJill
              Participant

Hi Lisa!  Jay & Clint are actually coming to our house and staying with us!  I'm very excited.  We are the second stop on their trip.  Eric and I have been in touch with Jay for more than 2 years now.  It will be so nice to finally meet him in person.

Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics