The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

James D Chase – Denver- Obituary

Forums General Melanoma Community James D Chase – Denver- Obituary

Participant

I have been tryiing to get in contact with Jim every since I reached Colorado.  i keep getting the message that the phone number dialed is not a working number.  Tonight I searched James Chase and Denver and found the following:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/denverpost/obituary.aspx?n=james-donald-chase&pid=152393397

In it they requested donations to the MRF.

I have been tryiing to get in contact with Jim every since I reached Colorado.  i keep getting the message that the phone number dialed is not a working number.  Tonight I searched James Chase and Denver and found the following:

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/denverpost/obituary.aspx?n=james-donald-chase&pid=152393397

In it they requested donations to the MRF.

Jim is one of the Colorado MPIP/MRF members that came out of his way to visit me in the Hospital after my accident last year.  He was a good man and tried to fight this fight and help others.

Blank Blank
      Obituary or Memoriam

JAMES DONALD CHASE

Jim, 58, passed away July 3, 2011. Beloved husband of Jan; father of Christina Jane and Kathryn Mabis; son of Jane Chase; and brother of Barbara (James) Rybacki and J. Givin (Nancy) Chase. He was preceded in death by his father, A. Mabis Chase. Jim graduated from The Hill School in Pottstown, PA as did his father and his brother. His daughter, Christina, will graduate from The Hill School in 2012. He received his BS & MBA in business from the University of Denver, and a Masters in Accounting from CU Denver. He was an avid golfer and skier, but his greatest love was his family. Jim dedicated a majority of his time to raising his girls. They are fortunate that he was able to be involved in their schools and their sports. He particularly enjoyed serving as the Lacrosse team dad for Kathryn for the last five years. A Celebration of Life for Jim will be held Friday, July 8, 10:00 am at St. John's Lutheran Church, 700 S Franklin St, Denver. In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Hill School, http://www.thehill.org, The Denver Botanic Gardens, http://www.botanicgardens.org, or the Melanoma Research Foundation, http://www.melanoma.org. Please share condolences at HoranCares.com.

Published in Denver Post on July 6, 2011

Rest in peace, Jim, you were a good man.

JerryfromFauq

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        DonW
        Participant

Jim really was a good man, always interested in others when he was facing serious issues himself.  So sad to hear that he passed away, but I'm glad you posted this, Jerry. Too often, I'm afraid, people just dissappear and we never know what happened.

DonW
          Participant

Jim really was a good man, always interested in others when he was facing serious issues himself.  So sad to hear that he passed away, but I'm glad you posted this, Jerry. Too often, I'm afraid, people just dissappear and we never know what happened.

lovingwifedeb
            Participant
              Jerry… Is this the same “Jim In Denver” sign in I am familiar with? He wasn’t happy with me at first but apologized and I enjoyed sparing with him as we all have different perspectives.

This has been a difficult year for all.

Deb
              lovingwife to Bob, May 27th
              mom, May 19th
              redesign08.blogspot.com

JerryfromFauq
                Participant

?Yes, Deb, This is the Jim from Denver JIm that was here.  I am trying to get in touch with his family.  Don't have their address. Will try see if anyone is monitoring his email address and will respond.

JerryfromFauq
                  Participant

?Yes, Deb, This is the Jim from Denver JIm that was here.  I am trying to get in touch with his family.  Don't have their address. Will try see if anyone is monitoring his email address and will respond.

lovingwifedeb
                  Participant
                    Jerry… Is this the same “Jim In Denver” sign in I am familiar with? He wasn’t happy with me at first but apologized and I enjoyed sparing with him as we all have different perspectives.

This has been a difficult year for all.

Deb
                    lovingwife to Bob, May 27th
                    mom, May 19th
                    redesign08.blogspot.com

Cate
                    Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of Jim's passing.  I remember many of his posts.

Cate
                      Participant

I'm so sorry to hear of Jim's passing.  I remember many of his posts.

lhaley
                        Participant

Thank you for posting Jerry.

I've often wondered why we haven't heard from Jim. He last posted in April.  He was so helpful to many with all of the research he did to help figure out what step to take next. Prayers are being sent to his family.

Linda

lhaley
                          Participant

I've often wondered why we haven't heard from Jim. He last posted in April.  He was so helpful to many with all of the research he did to help figure out what step to take next. Prayers are being sent to his family.

Linda

Jim M.
                            Participant

Jim was very active on the board and such a caring person. If I remember correctly he was on an Ipi trial. He went out of his way to help many of us. I pray for strength, guidance and His peace for Jim's family.

Jim M.

Jim M.
                              Participant

Jim was very active on the board and such a caring person. If I remember correctly he was on an Ipi trial. He went out of his way to help many of us. I pray for strength, guidance and His peace for Jim's family.

Jim M.

ValinMtl
                                Participant

Jim will be dearly missed.  He was so helpful while I was on the ipilimumab/yervoy trial.  I remember that he and I both had to abandon ship on this treatment about the same time. Had responded partially but not completely.  He was looking for a new treatment.  I am so sorry that he didn't find the right one.  God bless him.  Val

ValinMtl
                                  Participant

Jim will be dearly missed.  He was so helpful while I was on the ipilimumab/yervoy trial.  I remember that he and I both had to abandon ship on this treatment about the same time. Had responded partially but not completely.  He was looking for a new treatment.  I am so sorry that he didn't find the right one.  God bless him.  Val

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics