The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Jaimeth29 and Lee P

Forums General Melanoma Community Jaimeth29 and Lee P

Participant

I know I haven't been on much lately but I always think about everyone. Been wondering if anyone has heard from Jaime or Lee. Think I'll send Jaimie an email and I believe Lee was looking at trial with Duke. I hope they're well.

Josh

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jamieth29
        Participant
          Still here Josh!! I have been keeping up following everyone just have had a lot going through my head lately and haven’t felt like posting. Quick update…ok maybe not quick. Last week emailed each other in told you of the lump of felt under my arm. That has gone away and I think I caused it by feeling around my lymph nodes to much. But the big problem right now is my head. The past few days I had gotten sort of a pulsing similar to when one of my treated brain mets bleed, been happening maybe once or twice a day since last Thursday. Called my local doc and he immediately had me come in for a mri. The repot stated no new lesions but did show a spot of hyperintensive activity in high right paratiel region only on flair imaging. It stated findings are non specific and could be do to about 3 or 4 things…a convexal subarachnoid hemorrhage,I think that means a tiny blood vessel that possibly ruptured,proteinaceous material,that is nothing I think and also and less likely artifact-me moving in mri. The scary part lepto or meningitis are less likely possibilities without enhancement. The doc said it doesn’t warrant a lumbar puncture or anything the radiologist could not tell what it was just that something showed. He said give it a week or two and see if symptoms go away or get worse-if they get worse we’ll have to dig deeper. So could be nothing,could be something again. So of course lots of things running through my mind. I have had a kind of chest/head cold for a bit and hoping maybe that had something to do with symptoms. Just hope I’m not reaching for straws here. Anyway man thanks for asking about me. I’ve read all your posts and I think things sound like they are moving in the right direction for you. Been thinking about you and everyone else here also. One thing that has crossed my mind is no matter what happens to me I wouldn’t trade my life for anything. I have 3 great kids and been with a great wife. In the long run into have no regrets. I have never believed this was gonna get me and I’m going to continue to think that way!
          jamieth29
          Participant
            Still here Josh!! I have been keeping up following everyone just have had a lot going through my head lately and haven’t felt like posting. Quick update…ok maybe not quick. Last week emailed each other in told you of the lump of felt under my arm. That has gone away and I think I caused it by feeling around my lymph nodes to much. But the big problem right now is my head. The past few days I had gotten sort of a pulsing similar to when one of my treated brain mets bleed, been happening maybe once or twice a day since last Thursday. Called my local doc and he immediately had me come in for a mri. The repot stated no new lesions but did show a spot of hyperintensive activity in high right paratiel region only on flair imaging. It stated findings are non specific and could be do to about 3 or 4 things…a convexal subarachnoid hemorrhage,I think that means a tiny blood vessel that possibly ruptured,proteinaceous material,that is nothing I think and also and less likely artifact-me moving in mri. The scary part lepto or meningitis are less likely possibilities without enhancement. The doc said it doesn’t warrant a lumbar puncture or anything the radiologist could not tell what it was just that something showed. He said give it a week or two and see if symptoms go away or get worse-if they get worse we’ll have to dig deeper. So could be nothing,could be something again. So of course lots of things running through my mind. I have had a kind of chest/head cold for a bit and hoping maybe that had something to do with symptoms. Just hope I’m not reaching for straws here. Anyway man thanks for asking about me. I’ve read all your posts and I think things sound like they are moving in the right direction for you. Been thinking about you and everyone else here also. One thing that has crossed my mind is no matter what happens to me I wouldn’t trade my life for anything. I have 3 great kids and been with a great wife. In the long run into have no regrets. I have never believed this was gonna get me and I’m going to continue to think that way!
              jamieth29
              Participant
                Sorry about Grammer errors lol typing too fast and didn’t read before posting.
                Bubbles
                Participant

Hey Jamie,

Good to hear from you.  Sorry for all that you have been dealing with.  Glad Joshie asked after you!  I'd been thinking of you as well.  Hang in there.  I love your attitude!!!  With admiration, celeste

Bubbles
                  Participant

Hey Jamie,

Good to hear from you.  Sorry for all that you have been dealing with.  Glad Joshie asked after you!  I'd been thinking of you as well.  Hang in there.  I love your attitude!!!  With admiration, celeste

Bubbles
                    Participant

Hey Jamie,

jamieth29
                      Participant
                        Thank you Celest,as always I enjoy reading your posts on your blog as well as here! When I was first diagnosed you were like a information guru for me and I will always be thankful for that.
                        jamieth29
                        Participant
                          Thank you Celest,as always I enjoy reading your posts on your blog as well as here! When I was first diagnosed you were like a information guru for me and I will always be thankful for that.
                          jamieth29
                          Participant
                            jamieth29
                            Participant
                              jamieth29
                              Participant
                                maryb-z
                                Participant

I too have been thinking about you and your family! You have an amazing attitude and as I have said, "neighbor" if I can help in ANY way I am a text or phone call away! Hang in there, as hard as it gets you are tougher than melanoma or any of its side effects!

maryb-z
                                  Participant

I too have been thinking about you and your family! You have an amazing attitude and as I have said, "neighbor" if I can help in ANY way I am a text or phone call away! Hang in there, as hard as it gets you are tougher than melanoma or any of its side effects!

jamieth29
                                    Participant
                                      Thank you Mary,I thought if you today as well. I hope everything is well!
                                      jamieth29
                                      Participant
                                        maryb-z
                                        Participant

Since I am asymptomatic insurance won't approve a scan until March. SO I sm grateful I have no symptoms, yet at stage 3C I am frightened at what could be going on internally. I take each day and am grateful to be here. If lymphedema is all I have to deal with I am truly grateful.

maryb-z
                                          Participant

Since I am asymptomatic insurance won't approve a scan until March. SO I sm grateful I have no symptoms, yet at stage 3C I am frightened at what could be going on internally. I take each day and am grateful to be here. If lymphedema is all I have to deal with I am truly grateful.

maryb-z
                                            Participant

jamieth29
                                              Participant
                                                maryb-z
                                                Participant

jamieth29
                                                Participant
                                                  jenny22
                                                  Participant

Hi Jamie- I too am so glad Josh asked about you….think of you soooooooo often.

I will hope and cross my fingers that your recent symptoms turn out to be any one of the "nothings" you listed and no more!

I understand about not posting, but glad to hear from you.

Continued good thoughts coming to you.

BEST,

jenny

jenny22
                                                    Participant

I will hope and cross my fingers that your recent symptoms turn out to be any one of the "nothings" you listed and no more!

BEST,

jenny

jamieth29
                                                        Participant
                                                          Thanks Jenny, now I need to try and get my anxiety about this under control. My mind is all over the board mostly worrying about my kids. Nothing I can do right now and just have that helpless feeling.
                                                          jamieth29
                                                          Participant
                                                            Thanks Jenny, now I need to try and get my anxiety about this under control. My mind is all over the board mostly worrying about my kids. Nothing I can do right now and just have that helpless feeling.
                                                            JoshF
                                                            Participant

Oh brother, glad to hear from you. I was going to email you tonight if I didn't see anything on the board. I'm glad that bump was nothing, I know the anxiety was high with that. I get what you're going through with anxiety being out of control, as we discussed in the same way. You're right though, you have to push through and live…no other choices. Celeste had good post on her blog about living. It's not always easy but what I've come to realize is that if I feel good I'm going at it. Like you my wife and kids are what make me happiest so I try to take advantage of good days. Unfortunately I had more bad days than good but I am feeling better. I'm still an emotional wreck and as I tell my wife, I just want to feel good because then I find more enjoyment in life. I'm really glad to hear from you and pray that everything upstairs is all good. I know you're on top of it!!

So far for me I've noticed 2 sub-q's getting smaller which is good…I'm just waiting for the half dozen or so to start responding. Then we'll see Nov 4 what's happening inside me…MRI and CT. Tomorrow it'll be a month since I received cells…they said give it time!! You know how my mind works…I'm ready for a complete response yesterday!!! Again so glad to hear from you and keep in touch brother!

Now Lee…what are you up to?

Josh

JoshF
                                                              Participant

Oh brother, glad to hear from you. I was going to email you tonight if I didn't see anything on the board. I'm glad that bump was nothing, I know the anxiety was high with that. I get what you're going through with anxiety being out of control, as we discussed in the same way. You're right though, you have to push through and live…no other choices. Celeste had good post on her blog about living. It's not always easy but what I've come to realize is that if I feel good I'm going at it. Like you my wife and kids are what make me happiest so I try to take advantage of good days. Unfortunately I had more bad days than good but I am feeling better. I'm still an emotional wreck and as I tell my wife, I just want to feel good because then I find more enjoyment in life. I'm really glad to hear from you and pray that everything upstairs is all good. I know you're on top of it!!

So far for me I've noticed 2 sub-q's getting smaller which is good…I'm just waiting for the half dozen or so to start responding. Then we'll see Nov 4 what's happening inside me…MRI and CT. Tomorrow it'll be a month since I received cells…they said give it time!! You know how my mind works…I'm ready for a complete response yesterday!!! Again so glad to hear from you and keep in touch brother!

Josh

JoshF
                                                                Participant

Josh

jamieth29
                                                                  Participant
                                                                  jenny22
                                                                  Participant

BEST,

jenny

Momofjake
                                                                    Participant

Hi Jamie,

Glad to hear from you. Sorry about the constant ups and downs. They are exhausting! I hope you are able to look at them, see them for what they are and let them go until you have to deal with them on dr days. I shoot for the motto–don't ruin today!! If we need to be disappointed, worried or sad on dr days, well then we will(and I hate those so much)! But I want to be happy every day I don't have to hear the news and that Jake feels good. I hope we can manage this and I hope you get lots of happy days!! Please let us know how the next week or two goes:)

You got friends here,

Kerri

Momofjake
                                                                      Participant

Hi Jamie,

Glad to hear from you. Sorry about the constant ups and downs. They are exhausting! I hope you are able to look at them, see them for what they are and let them go until you have to deal with them on dr days. I shoot for the motto–don't ruin today!! If we need to be disappointed, worried or sad on dr days, well then we will(and I hate those so much)! But I want to be happy every day I don't have to hear the news and that Jake feels good. I hope we can manage this and I hope you get lots of happy days!! Please let us know how the next week or two goes:)

You got friends here,

Kerri

jamieth29
                                                                          Participant
                                                                            Thank you Kerri
                                                                            jamieth29
                                                                            Participant
                                                                              Thank you Kerri
                                                                              jamieth29
                                                                              Participant
                                                                                Thank you Kerri
                                                                              Momofjake
                                                                              Participant

Hi Jamie,

You got friends here,

Kerri

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics