The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

It’s getting sporty here

Forums General Melanoma Community It’s getting sporty here

Participant

Hey everyone, just checking in ,and coming up for air! 

I've been paying attention to everyone's fight,and appreciate you all. With little to no luck finding anyone to play with here, I had decided to sell my place to get the funds for real  treatment.  Arguing to get an excisional biopsy vs.  a shave at this point of the game has gone beyond ridiculous. Such as it is here. Then 3 weeks ago, Pele cleared her throat and I nearly forgot about all this nonsense.  I've been temporarily stuck behind the lines helping friends move from rivers of lava, which ultimately claimed their homes.  It's very surreal having melanoma take a backseat to  more immediate issues.  

Being in limbo is not comfortable, but I'm staying remarkably calm for some strange reason . I guess I'm just feeling super alive.  I've developed probably 20 lesions since I last checked in. All worthy  of biopsy. Not at all sure where I'll be tomorrow . Going with the flow. 

Anyone want to buy a house on the big island? Beautiful red sky at night, deafening explosions round the clock, and air so thick it'll take the tartar off the teeth. Cheaper every day! Heh heh.

Janner, Celeste ,and all others who have pointed me in the right  direction. .thanks a million . I've  learned the nomenclature beyond what I truly understand ,so now it's just a matter of getting off this rock  and getting down to business.  One foot in front of the other. 

Eleven primaries and holding !

Aloha,  

Bob

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        kcmtnbiker
        Participant

Good luck and keep your sense of humor. It will serve you well.

TexMelanomex
          Participant

Stay safe out there Bob, I've been watching things unfold out there each day on the news and as a guy that has been through a few real life emergencies I know video footage can only do the real thing so much justice. Let me send you a pre-emptive welcome to the mainland message! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers, get safe, then get well Warrior!

Bubbles
            Participant

Seems like Pele may be blowing her top…rather than just clearing her throat, Bob!!  HA!  That has got to be some serious craziness indeed!  So sorry for all that you and your fellow islanders are dealing with!  Stay safe and thanks for checking in!!!  c

Janner
              Participant

You know where to find me, good luck with working on the next step.  Keep us updated and stay away from hot rivers!

Viewing 3 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics