The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

It’s back after 4 years….we need help

Forums General Melanoma Community It’s back after 4 years….we need help

Participant
      Good morning to you all,

My husband Ken was diagnosed with Stage 3c melanoma in 2010. All his Melanoma has been in his Lymph nodes. Started in his LEFT inguinal nodes 3/19 positive. Move to late 2014 recurrance in Left iliac nodes 2 nodes confirmed positive. Started IPI in Nov 14 finished Feb 15, blessed with a 4 year remission. Recent scan showed lymph node light up in Right inguinal region. Needle biopsy confirmed Melanoma, I know we shouldn’t be surprised but we were. Bladder & Prostate cancer also thru themselves in the mix in the last 18 months. Thankfully they remain NED. A pet scan is scheduled and determining what the results are our next step is taking the affected node and a couple surrounding nodes out and start the IPI/NIVO combo. It’s been awhile since we have been on here and I’m wondering if that is still my husband’s best option. He is also being tested for the Braf gene again. Amy and all help and suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, Jewel

Viewing 0 reply threads
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hey Jewel,

Gave you an answer above. Sorry for EVERYTHING!!! But, there are some good treatment options available and I’ve outlined my take on them in your last thread. C

Viewing 0 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
      About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics