The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

itradermal nevus diagnosis

Forums General Melanoma Community itradermal nevus diagnosis

Participant

Dear friends!

Please ,give me your opinions on the following :

my doc decided to cut off another suspecious mole from my arm 2 weeks ago ,finally it came up as intradermal nevus.

What is what????? I am worried.

I know nevus is all good ,but interdermal?? Does it mean invasive and can it be missdiagnosed and melanoma in fact??

Dear friends!

Please ,give me your opinions on the following :

my doc decided to cut off another suspecious mole from my arm 2 weeks ago ,finally it came up as intradermal nevus.

What is what????? I am worried.

I know nevus is all good ,but interdermal?? Does it mean invasive and can it be missdiagnosed and melanoma in fact??

It is 1 year since my initial diagnosys with mnelanoma and it is first mole had been removed since that.

Nevus meens nothing to worry about ,but intradermal meens it is deeper then epidermis.

My Doc just said go home and don't worry .he is not very helpful

Please , share your expierence and knowledge on this subject

Thank you all for your help and understanding

Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        JC
        Participant

Doesn't such like anything to worry about, but someone with more info can shed more light than me.  You're lucky you've only had to have 1 thing removed since your diagnosis.  I'm about a year and half out, similar pathology to yours, but I've had probably 25-30 biopsies since (usually come back mildly aytpical). . .

JC
          Participant

Doesn't such like anything to worry about, but someone with more info can shed more light than me.  You're lucky you've only had to have 1 thing removed since your diagnosis.  I'm about a year and half out, similar pathology to yours, but I've had probably 25-30 biopsies since (usually come back mildly aytpical). . .

JC
            Participant

melissa ann
              Participant
                Hi Natasha, my husband is a dermatologist and he said intradermal nevus is a benign mole, nothing to worry about….you can sleep well:)
                Melissa
                  natasha
                  Participant

Thank you ,Melissa and Anonymous for your advice and help!!!!

I am happy it is benign .The only reason Doc decided to cut it out is this mole was sctratched by my cat ๐Ÿ™‚ so it changed a bit after it heeled.

I don't have a lot of moles ,but some freckles ,especially on my shoulders and back.

My Doc recommended me to do Ultrascan on my initial melanoma scar. I have done that , but I see it is not very popular practice to reccomend something like this ,I have done it pravitely . Thay looked on any lumbs or something under the scar after one year after surgery ,nothing was found.

Did anyone have Ultrasound as well ?

I have done stomach ultrasound and breast ultrasound as well.

JC
                    Participant

No, can't say I've had any scans done on my WLE scar.  Dr feels it at appointments to make sure he doesn't feel any lumps/nodules, etc. . and checks it for pigmentation, etc. . but never have had any scans.  Nor ultrasounds.  But, your lesion was radial growth phase, no mitosis, very thin 0.2mm, no regression, that is about as close to 100% as you can get. . like 99% according to the SEER study, Queensland study, Taran & Heenan, etc. . . so any scans for you seems like overkill.

JC
                      Participant

No, can't say I've had any scans done on my WLE scar.  Dr feels it at appointments to make sure he doesn't feel any lumps/nodules, etc. . and checks it for pigmentation, etc. . but never have had any scans.  Nor ultrasounds.  But, your lesion was radial growth phase, no mitosis, very thin 0.2mm, no regression, that is about as close to 100% as you can get. . like 99% according to the SEER study, Queensland study, Taran & Heenan, etc. . . so any scans for you seems like overkill.

JC
                        Participant

natasha
                          Participant

I am happy it is benign .The only reason Doc decided to cut it out is this mole was sctratched by my cat ๐Ÿ™‚ so it changed a bit after it heeled.

I don't have a lot of moles ,but some freckles ,especially on my shoulders and back.

My Doc recommended me to do Ultrascan on my initial melanoma scar. I have done that , but I see it is not very popular practice to reccomend something like this ,I have done it pravitely . Thay looked on any lumbs or something under the scar after one year after surgery ,nothing was found.

natasha
                            Participant

melissa ann
                            Participant
                              Hi Natasha, my husband is a dermatologist and he said intradermal nevus is a benign mole, nothing to worry about….you can sleep well:)
                              Melissa
                              melissa ann
                              Participant
                                Melissa
                                Liz C
                                Participant

There are several really good books about moles and melanoma that will answer many questions about moles.

This is one: http://www.amazon.com/Really-about-Melanoma-Hopkins-Health/dp/0801863945/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354565922&sr=8-1&keywords=moles+and+melanoma

–Liz.

Liz C
                                  Participant

There are several really good books about moles and melanoma that will answer many questions about moles.

This is one: http://www.amazon.com/Really-about-Melanoma-Hopkins-Health/dp/0801863945/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354565922&sr=8-1&keywords=moles+and+melanoma

–Liz.

Liz C
                                    Participant

–Liz.

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide byย MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics