The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

IT anti-pd1 trial progress

Forums General Melanoma Community IT anti-pd1 trial progress

Participant
      Any news on trials using Intrathecal anti-pd1 for LMD? Are we making any progress.

Thanks. Rob

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Hey Rob. So good to see your name. I hope you are well. In my recent review of ASCO and other melanoma literature I saw nothing significant regarding IT therapy nor LMD. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t there, but I didn’t note anything, and I am pretty tuned to it given the place that you and Adriana hold in my heart. My last intel I posted here in March: https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/2019/03/leptomeningeal-disease-and-melanoma.html

Much love and hugs. les

adriana cooper
            Participant
              Thanks for the update. I hope you are doing well. I was so upset when your health went wonky. You are a blessing to so many people. I am doing well most of the time but still have many challenging times as well . I have been blessed by meeting a woman about 9 months ago, who is kind and understanding of my emotions and the great love I have for Adriana and understands that there is equal room in my heart for her. The next few days will surely be difficult as it it is the second anniversary of Adriana’s passing on July 3. I used to enjoy the fireworks but now only brings me difficulty. I miss her greatly.
              I am forever grateful for your friendship.
              I hope that that they can defeat this horrible beast.
              My thoughts are never far from you all.
              Rob
              Bubbles
              Participant
                Oh, Rob. Despite our losses, I firmly believe that love allows our hearts to only expand – never divide. I am so happy for your new friend and sad for the ever present pain from the loss of Adriana. Still, I know precious memories of her bring you smiles as well. and will be thinking of you on the 3rd. Thanks for your kind words. I am getting stronger each day…doing Barre twice a week with my daughter while she is out of school for the summer (teacher) and running 2-3 miles 4 days a week. My life generally, and the past 10 months in particular, has been a crazy ride, but what ‘cha gonna do??? HA! Take care of you and stay in touch! Much love, les
              ed williams
              Participant
                Hi Rob, came across this today July 1st on Celeste’s post about ASCO and brain mets SRS+ Check point therapy, there was a link to this article by Michael Davies of MD Anderson. At the end of the article there is a section on Leptomeningeal Carcinomatosis research in Melanoma and lung cancer patients. https://ascopubs.org/doi/full/10.1200/EDBK_241345?utm_source=TrendMD&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ASCO_Ed_Book_TrendMD_0
                  adriana cooper
                  Participant
                    Thanks for the info Ed. Greatly Appreciated. Try to stay educated to help anyone I can.
                    Rob
              Viewing 1 reply thread
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
              About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics