The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is there any advantage to four combo infusions over three?

Forums General Melanoma Community Is there any advantage to four combo infusions over three?

Participant
      Hello everyone,

I will have bloodwork and see the oncologist this Wednesday to see if I can go onto the final infusion of the nivo/ipi combo. I am happy to have done three of these, and an xray has already shown shrinkage of the biggest tumor in my lung.
      I kindly received some good stats and links (thanks to Celeste and Ed) about clinical trials of the combo which indicated that even if you don’t do all the infusions, the response rates are somewhat similar. Therefore, I was wondering why risk toxicity to do the fourth infusion?
      I do want to do number four, but those stats have got me thinking.
      Any input welcome.

Thank you,
      Adam

Viewing 1 reply thread
    • Replies
        Bubbles
        Participant
          Here is a complete breakdown of the data: https://chaoticallypreciselifeloveandmelanoma.blogspot.com/search?q=18+months

Hope that helps. Celeste

Beany
            Participant
              Wonderful Celeste! Your final comment in the link answers my question. Thank you again,
            lkb
            Participant
              Adam, if you want to share, what did you decide?
              Lisa
                Beany
                Participant
                  Hello,
                  The doctor won’t let me decide at this stage. He wants me to do four combos and is waiting for the liver numbers to come down. I would like to do four infusions but feel going on opdivo mono would be better than risking another spike in enzymes by doing the combo. If I could choose, I think I would skip number four and do maintenance only.
            Viewing 1 reply thread
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics