The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is cronic fatigue after Dacarbazine common?

Forums General Melanoma Community Is cronic fatigue after Dacarbazine common?

Participant

Hi,

We live in the UK, my husband is Stage IV and 8 weeks ago finished 8 rounds of dacarbazine with the trial drug E7080, he is currently on a maintanance programme with the E7080.

In the UK we only normally give 6 rounds of Dacarbazine but as this is an American and Japanese trial he has had 8 rounds, he tollerated everything really well but for the past week has had debilitating fatigue and pins and needles in his feet. he is being monitored closely and is having a weeks break from the E7080. 

Hi,

We live in the UK, my husband is Stage IV and 8 weeks ago finished 8 rounds of dacarbazine with the trial drug E7080, he is currently on a maintanance programme with the E7080.

In the UK we only normally give 6 rounds of Dacarbazine but as this is an American and Japanese trial he has had 8 rounds, he tollerated everything really well but for the past week has had debilitating fatigue and pins and needles in his feet. he is being monitored closely and is having a weeks break from the E7080. 

I wondered as we in the UK are not aware here of the side effects of 8 doses of dacarbazine has anyone out there had any similar symptoms, if so any help or advise would be appreciated!

Results so far show a massive tumour reduction and the latest scan showed tumours were stable.

Many thanks x

Viewing 5 reply threads
    • Replies
        aldakota22
        Participant

Dracarbizine on personnnal experience did not produce any fatigue at all.You do not say his age or his overall physical condition before his treatment.My prayers for his continueous success on the trial. My best to both of you.  Al

Woodlands
            Participant

Thank you so much for for your reply, my husband is 50 yrs old and was really fit and active (before treatment started!)  He had his first nights sleep last night (no sleep for the last 3 weeks!) , the pins and needles in his feet have slightly eased so I am beginning to think it was not the side effects of the dacarbazine but of the  trial drug. But I feel without this drug he might not have been here today as he had 40+ tumours when he started this trial

Your prayers are really appreciated. x

Woodlands
              Participant

Thank you so much for for your reply, my husband is 50 yrs old and was really fit and active (before treatment started!)  He had his first nights sleep last night (no sleep for the last 3 weeks!) , the pins and needles in his feet have slightly eased so I am beginning to think it was not the side effects of the dacarbazine but of the  trial drug. But I feel without this drug he might not have been here today as he had 40+ tumours when he started this trial

Woodlands
                Participant

aldakota22
                Participant

Dracarbizine on personnnal experience did not produce any fatigue at all.You do not say his age or his overall physical condition before his treatment.My prayers for his continueous success on the trial. My best to both of you.  Al

aldakota22
                  Participant

FormerCaregiver
                    Participant

Debilitating fatigue is not usually a direct side effect of dacarbazine. However,
                      fatigue is a complex subject that should be medically evaluated. Therefore, I think that
                      it would be wise to consult a doctor about your concerns. See:
                      http://www.chemocare.com/bio/dtic.asp

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

Woodlands
                        Participant

Thanks for the link Frank, see my reply above…….things are looking better and brighter this morning!  Its so frightening this melanoma roller-coaster! x

Woodlands
                          Participant

Thanks for the link Frank, see my reply above…….things are looking better and brighter this morning!  Its so frightening this melanoma roller-coaster! x

Woodlands
                            Participant

FormerCaregiver
                            Participant

Debilitating fatigue is not usually a direct side effect of dacarbazine. However,
                              fatigue is a complex subject that should be medically evaluated. Therefore, I think that

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

FormerCaregiver
                              Participant

Hope this helps

Frank from Australia

Viewing 5 reply threads
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                            About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics