The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is Anyone on Avastin in the U.S ????

Forums General Melanoma Community Is Anyone on Avastin in the U.S ????

Participant

Hi everyone,

I am so confused.  Is Avastin off the market in the U.S because of all the fake drug that came into the country???  I hear so many posts that patients are on it and they are being treated in the U.S.  My brother is on Temodor and Abraxane. ….only. 

Thanks so much…..It is driving me crazy because they it is not available.

Susan NY

Hi everyone,

I am so confused.  Is Avastin off the market in the U.S because of all the fake drug that came into the country???  I hear so many posts that patients are on it and they are being treated in the U.S.  My brother is on Temodor and Abraxane. ….only. 

Thanks so much…..It is driving me crazy because they it is not available.

Susan NY

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        hope4cure1
        Participant

My husband is being treated with Avastin.  When the news came out about the fake Avastin, we called the clinic right away.  They had actually been aware of the problem, and were on it before it hit the press.  They are able to verify the lot numbers to make sure what they are receiving is the real Avastin.  So….it is available in the U.S. I hope this helps.

Hope

hope4cure1
          Participant

My husband is being treated with Avastin.  When the news came out about the fake Avastin, we called the clinic right away.  They had actually been aware of the problem, and were on it before it hit the press.  They are able to verify the lot numbers to make sure what they are receiving is the real Avastin.  So….it is available in the U.S. I hope this helps.

Hope

hope4cure1
            Participant

Hope

susanr
                Participant

You have been a great help….Thank you so much.

susanr
                  Participant

susanr
                    Participant

LynnLuc
                    Participant

The FDA was pulling it  for breast cancer patients because they didn't see measureable benefits for them….that was the main issue. It's still used in some cancers.

susanr
                        Participant

Thank you for your response.  I really appreciate the  info link.

susanr
                          Participant

susanr
                            Participant

LynnLuc
                            Participant

The FDA was pulling it  for breast cancer patients because they didn't see measureable benefits for them….that was the main issue. It's still used in some cancers.

LynnLuc
                              Participant

MeNDave
                                Participant

Hi Susan,

My husband just started a chemo combo (carbo/taxol) after failing Temodar.  I asked my onc pharmacist about the Carbo/Abraxane/Avastin combo, and he told me it was only in clinical trials.  The carbo/taxol kicked Dave's butt – he had it on Thursday, and never got out of bed for more than an hour until Tuesday.  The pharm told us that the Avastin was only pulled for breast cancer.

MeNDave
                                  Participant

Hi Susan,

My husband just started a chemo combo (carbo/taxol) after failing Temodar.  I asked my onc pharmacist about the Carbo/Abraxane/Avastin combo, and he told me it was only in clinical trials.  The carbo/taxol kicked Dave's butt – he had it on Thursday, and never got out of bed for more than an hour until Tuesday.  The pharm told us that the Avastin was only pulled for breast cancer.

susanr
                                      Participant

Thank you so much for your response.  I t was a great help.   I wish your family well and its time for Dave to kick the melanoma in the butt.  Regards Susan

susanr
                                        Participant

Thank you so much for your response.  I t was a great help.   I wish your family well and its time for Dave to kick the melanoma in the butt.  Regards Susan

susanr
                                          Participant

MeNDave
                                          Participant

Hi Susan,

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                        About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics