The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Is anyone being treated with Avastin & Revlimed Phase I Trial?

Forums General Melanoma Community Is anyone being treated with Avastin & Revlimed Phase I Trial?

Participant

I finally made it to MD Anderson this week for consultation with Dr. Falchook. My creatine level was elevated and kept me out of the pi3k trial I wanted. He  told me the next best option was Avastin & Revlimed. It looks like I start on April 14th for first infusion then go back every two weeks alternating with revlimed.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks for all your help,

Rocky (Stage IV Liver Mets)

I finally made it to MD Anderson this week for consultation with Dr. Falchook. My creatine level was elevated and kept me out of the pi3k trial I wanted. He  told me the next best option was Avastin & Revlimed. It looks like I start on April 14th for first infusion then go back every two weeks alternating with revlimed.

Hopefully someone can help.

Thanks for all your help,

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • Replies
        Vermont_Donna
        Participant

Hi Rocky,

No advice or suggestions for you about the treatments, but know that I am thinking of you and praying for success with the treatments!!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

Rocklove
            Participant

Thanks Donna,

I know you have been through alot and we have followed each other for several years on the board.

Prayers and positive thoughts for you and family.

Rocklove
              Participant

Thanks Donna,

I know you have been through alot and we have followed each other for several years on the board.

Prayers and positive thoughts for you and family.

Vermont_Donna
              Participant

Hi Rocky,

No advice or suggestions for you about the treatments, but know that I am thinking of you and praying for success with the treatments!!!

Vermont_Donna, stage 3a

James from Sydney
                Participant

Hi Rocky

not heard of this Combo but i know Avastin is an Inhibitor and has been trialed in Melanoma for some time usuualy in Combo with other things. The other Revlimid is i think similar to Thalidomide. 

As a back up have they mentioned the other Trial some posters have mentioned recently E7080. The other you could look at is the Delcath System which isolates the liver.

best wishes

James

Rocklove
                    Participant

Thanks James,

The Decath system wouldn't work as there are tumors all over my body and have been told that is not a good option for me. They did not recommend anything but the following as my creatinine level canceled me out of many other trials. I also had Dr. Falchook to call Dr. Weber @ Moffit and made sure they both agreed on the treatment and they both agreed.

Also I misspelled the Revlimed… it should be Revlimid.

Rocklove
                      Participant

Thanks James,

The Decath system wouldn't work as there are tumors all over my body and have been told that is not a good option for me. They did not recommend anything but the following as my creatinine level canceled me out of many other trials. I also had Dr. Falchook to call Dr. Weber @ Moffit and made sure they both agreed on the treatment and they both agreed.

Also I misspelled the Revlimed… it should be Revlimid.

James from Sydney
                      Participant

Hi Rocky

not heard of this Combo but i know Avastin is an Inhibitor and has been trialed in Melanoma for some time usuualy in Combo with other things. The other Revlimid is i think similar to Thalidomide. 

As a back up have they mentioned the other Trial some posters have mentioned recently E7080. The other you could look at is the Delcath System which isolates the liver.

best wishes

James

Viewing 3 reply threads
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                    About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics