The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

ippi /yervoy

Forums General Melanoma Community ippi /yervoy

Participant
      If I’m taking yervoy and have no side effects does that mean it’s not working. I mean do you have to have side effects for it to be working. Anon
    Viewing 8 reply threads
    • Replies
        jamieth29
        Participant
          The simple answer is no doesn’t matter. You can have every side effect in the book and it may not work. Also no side effects at all and get a complete response
          jamieth29
          Participant
            The simple answer is no doesn’t matter. You can have every side effect in the book and it may not work. Also no side effects at all and get a complete response
              JuTMSY4
              Participant

This is correct.  There also seems to be something to Ipi taking a long time to build up.  There may even be a group of ipi failures which were actually response in the long run.  

JuTMSY4
                Participant

This is correct.  There also seems to be something to Ipi taking a long time to build up.  There may even be a group of ipi failures which were actually response in the long run.  

JuTMSY4
                  Participant

jamieth29
                  Participant
                    Scooby123
                    Participant

Hi there,

i have completed ippi in June 2015 with just slight itchy skin, I would say more constipated than other way. My scans was 50% reduction on tumours . Praying next scan in February still stable . 

Hope it goes well for you ❤️

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                      Participant

Hi there,

i have completed ippi in June 2015 with just slight itchy skin, I would say more constipated than other way. My scans was 50% reduction on tumours . Praying next scan in February still stable . 

scooby123❤️

Scooby123
                        Participant

Hi there,

scooby123❤️

sayres
                          Participant

How long have you been on ipi? It takes a while to build up in your system as well.

sayres
                            Participant

How long have you been on ipi? It takes a while to build up in your system as well.

gregor913
                                Participant
                                  2 doses of 10mg
                                  gregor913
                                  Participant
                                    2 doses of 10mg
                                    Marianne quinn
                                    Participant

My husband developed side effects between the second and third doses. He did not get the fading of any skin spots until after the third dose. The general feeling is that fading and developing some white spots is a good sign. He is 2years NED

buffcody
                                      Participant

Could you describe the "fading of skin spots"?

buffcody
                                        Participant

buffcody
                                          Participant

ed williams
                                            Participant

It is called Vitiligo and it can occur as a result of Ipi or Pd-1 immunotherapy drugs. You can look it up on Google. Best wishes!!! Ed

ed williams
                                              Participant

It is called Vitiligo and it can occur as a result of Ipi or Pd-1 immunotherapy drugs. You can look it up on Google. Best wishes!!! Ed

ed williams
                                                Participant

I should add that it only happens in about 3% of Melanoma patients getting Immunotherapy drugs. The data is some what outdated, but the condition is positive and associated with longer survival according to what I have read. 

ed williams
                                                  Participant

I should add that it only happens in about 3% of Melanoma patients getting Immunotherapy drugs. The data is some what outdated, but the condition is positive and associated with longer survival according to what I have read. 

Squash
                                                    Participant

With Keytruda i had moles peel off and some of my sun spots turn white but it had no effect on my melanoma.

Unfortunately i got amelanotic mel and i really dont think it reacts the same way as other mels.

But i remember seeing some people of tv who had complete remission with Ipi and they had turned white all over their body.

Squash
                                                      Participant

With Keytruda i had moles peel off and some of my sun spots turn white but it had no effect on my melanoma.

Unfortunately i got amelanotic mel and i really dont think it reacts the same way as other mels.

But i remember seeing some people of tv who had complete remission with Ipi and they had turned white all over their body.

Squash
                                                        Participant

ed williams
                                                          Participant

ed williams
                                                            Participant

Marianne quinn
                                                              Participant

My husband developed side effects between the second and third doses. He did not get the fading of any skin spots until after the third dose. The general feeling is that fading and developing some white spots is a good sign. He is 2years NED

Marianne quinn
                                                                Participant

gregor913
                                                                  Participant
                                                                    2 doses of 10mg
                                                                  sayres
                                                                  Participant

Viewing 8 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics