The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipilubimab question

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipilubimab question

Participant

I read this board frquently but seldom post anything.   I Was just wondering if anyone out there has had a good result after ony 3 ipi treatments.  My husband has had a rare side effect that put him in acute kidney failure. Steroids have brought kidney function back to normal but now they will not do the fourth treatment. Scans on monday and we fid out where we are on Wednesday.

I read this board frquently but seldom post anything.   I Was just wondering if anyone out there has had a good result after ony 3 ipi treatments.  My husband has had a rare side effect that put him in acute kidney failure. Steroids have brought kidney function back to normal but now they will not do the fourth treatment. Scans on monday and we fid out where we are on Wednesday.

Viewing 11 reply threads
    • Replies
        Tina D
        Participant

Hi there… I was only able to complete 3 ipi treatments due to an autoimmune side effect causing pituitary inflammation. My first scans showed significant shrinking. I am due for my 2nd set of scans, and I am feeling well. I will be scheduling those scans in the next week or two ( hubby is recuperating from back surgery) and will be posting then. Have read of others who did not complete all 4 treatments and had a very good response..

Tina

Tina D
          Participant

Hi there… I was only able to complete 3 ipi treatments due to an autoimmune side effect causing pituitary inflammation. My first scans showed significant shrinking. I am due for my 2nd set of scans, and I am feeling well. I will be scheduling those scans in the next week or two ( hubby is recuperating from back surgery) and will be posting then. Have read of others who did not complete all 4 treatments and had a very good response..

Tina

ljhncj12345
              Participant

Thank You your response helps.

ljhncj12345
                Participant

ljhncj12345
                  Participant

Tina D
                  Participant

Tina

jim Breitfeller
                    Participant
                      I only did one 15mg/Kg dose of anti-ctla-4. That was in 2006.
                      Jimmy b
                      jim Breitfeller
                      Participant
                        Jimmy b
                        jim Breitfeller
                        Participant
                          Jimmy b
                          Jim M.
                          Participant

Hi,

I, Like Tina had hypothysitis or compromised pituitary function. I got this after 4 treatments. I went into the trial with resected melanoma. Through immune assays on my blood Yervoy gave me a proliferation of T cells. My doc. was thrilled and said he saw that kind of reponse in 10 to 15% of his patients. I'm on a hormone replacement, probably for life. Since surgery I've been NED for 5.5 years. Since Yervoy, 4.5. years.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                            Participant

Hi,

I, Like Tina had hypothysitis or compromised pituitary function. I got this after 4 treatments. I went into the trial with resected melanoma. Through immune assays on my blood Yervoy gave me a proliferation of T cells. My doc. was thrilled and said he saw that kind of reponse in 10 to 15% of his patients. I'm on a hormone replacement, probably for life. Since surgery I've been NED for 5.5 years. Since Yervoy, 4.5. years.

God Bless,

Jim M.

Jim M.
                              Participant

Hi,

God Bless,

Jim M.

eric w
                                Participant

Hi.. I have a question for Tina D or anyone who has had a reaction that required steroids/hermones….does this exclude you from PD-1 trials? Thanks

eric w
                                  Participant

Hi.. I have a question for Tina D or anyone who has had a reaction that required steroids/hermones….does this exclude you from PD-1 trials? Thanks

eric w
                                    Participant

Viewing 11 reply threads
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                  About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics