The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Content within the patient forum is user-generated and has not been reviewed by medical professionals. Other sections of the Melanoma Research Foundation website include information that has been reviewed by medical professionals as appropriate. All medical decisions should be made in consultation with your doctor or other qualified medical professional.

Ipi vs fatigue

Forums General Melanoma Community Ipi vs fatigue

Participant

Hi, my husband is stage 4 and finished Ipi treatment 4 months ago. He is still experiencing significant fatigue.  Has anyone had this happen for this length of time? Thyroid and other tests came out fine. On a good note.. have some positive results.. awaiting more tests later this month. Thanks to all the warriors. I look forward to your replies.   Sandy

Hi, my husband is stage 4 and finished Ipi treatment 4 months ago. He is still experiencing significant fatigue.  Has anyone had this happen for this length of time? Thyroid and other tests came out fine. On a good note.. have some positive results.. awaiting more tests later this month. Thanks to all the warriors. I look forward to your replies.   Sandy

Viewing 20 reply threads
    • Replies
        5374brian
        Participant

My wife finished her 4 th treatment 2 weeks ago and the fatigue was the strongest sympton/side affect she had. Usually mid afternoon and early eveing seemed to be the most common times. We are getting her scans April 17th to see how the IPi did.. good luck and thanks for posting. I like reading and following others opionions and stories. Great encouragement.. 

5374brian
          Participant

My wife finished her 4 th treatment 2 weeks ago and the fatigue was the strongest sympton/side affect she had. Usually mid afternoon and early eveing seemed to be the most common times. We are getting her scans April 17th to see how the IPi did.. good luck and thanks for posting. I like reading and following others opionions and stories. Great encouragement.. 

Sandy11
              Participant

Thank you for the reply Brian.  Good thoughts for you and your wife on the 17th.  Don't be disheartened if there isn't much change on this first scan post ipi.  My husband's first scan after treatment appeared to show slower growth of his tumors, not much else.  The second scan was much better… none of the tumors in his lungs were visable.  Either they are gone or just not active.  We'll take it either way.  He has another scan late this month.  I just don't know about his fatigue.  He has to rest at least twice during very short walks and naps several hours a day and his appetite is off.  The blood tests are fine and his heart is strong.  Maybe just more time.

Sandy11
                Participant

Thank you for the reply Brian.  Good thoughts for you and your wife on the 17th.  Don't be disheartened if there isn't much change on this first scan post ipi.  My husband's first scan after treatment appeared to show slower growth of his tumors, not much else.  The second scan was much better… none of the tumors in his lungs were visable.  Either they are gone or just not active.  We'll take it either way.  He has another scan late this month.  I just don't know about his fatigue.  He has to rest at least twice during very short walks and naps several hours a day and his appetite is off.  The blood tests are fine and his heart is strong.  Maybe just more time.

Sandy11
                  Participant

5374brian
                    Participant

Lost track of all these replys. My wife had her first scans since her final IPI. The brain showed 6 new spots with the first one in Jan. going away since the radition on it. The PET scan showed very little shrinkage in some of the tumors. She did have more than in Jan. The are now starting a WBR on the 22nd to make sure none of the tumors cause any side effect ie memory, motor skills. Once WBR is complete we are looking to the anti-PD1.. Hope all is well. 

5374brian
                      Participant

Lost track of all these replys. My wife had her first scans since her final IPI. The brain showed 6 new spots with the first one in Jan. going away since the radition on it. The PET scan showed very little shrinkage in some of the tumors. She did have more than in Jan. The are now starting a WBR on the 22nd to make sure none of the tumors cause any side effect ie memory, motor skills. Once WBR is complete we are looking to the anti-PD1.. Hope all is well. 

5374brian
                        Participant

5374brian
                        Participant

buffcody
                          Participant

I did have fatigue issues during the treatment period, but I have been relatively fatigue free since.  Fatigue for me is a hard thing to sort out from tiredness, which I still feel, but it is not as significant as the real fatigue I felt especially for a week or more after infusions where I just had to take a nap, something I rarely do otherwise, and still sleep the full amount at night.

buffcody
                            Participant

I did have fatigue issues during the treatment period, but I have been relatively fatigue free since.  Fatigue for me is a hard thing to sort out from tiredness, which I still feel, but it is not as significant as the real fatigue I felt especially for a week or more after infusions where I just had to take a nap, something I rarely do otherwise, and still sleep the full amount at night.

buffcody
                              Participant

mark1101
                                Participant

I finished my 2nd treatment a week ago.  I have noticed a bit of tiredness vs. fatigue in the afternoons.  I have noticed that when I feel most tired is when I get forget to hydrate myself and when I skip exercising even it's just a brisk walk for 20 mins or so.  Those two things help me keep my energy level up.

mark1101
                                  Participant

I finished my 2nd treatment a week ago.  I have noticed a bit of tiredness vs. fatigue in the afternoons.  I have noticed that when I feel most tired is when I get forget to hydrate myself and when I skip exercising even it's just a brisk walk for 20 mins or so.  Those two things help me keep my energy level up.

mark1101
                                    Participant

juless1
                                      Participant

Hello

first time posting….my husband just completed his 4th yervoy treatment last week and he is totally exhausted!  He has never been one to take a nap…but it is an absolute necessity at least twice a day!  Scans will be the 1st week of May. Hoping and praying things look good – it's such a scary time for us all!  Positive thoughts and prayers to all

juless1
                                        Participant

Hello

first time posting….my husband just completed his 4th yervoy treatment last week and he is totally exhausted!  He has never been one to take a nap…but it is an absolute necessity at least twice a day!  Scans will be the 1st week of May. Hoping and praying things look good – it's such a scary time for us all!  Positive thoughts and prayers to all

juless1
                                          Participant

Hello

juless1
                                            Participant

Hello

juless1
                                              Participant

Hello

juless1
                                                Participant

Hello

juless1
                                                  Participant

Hello

juless1
                                                    Participant

Hello

juless1
                                                      Participant

Hello

juless1
                                                        Participant

Hello

juless1
                                                          Participant

Hello

juless1
                                                            Participant

Hello

meldad
                                                                Participant

Hi everyone,

i know this is a fairly old post now, but I've just come across it in my search.

My dad finished his 4th infusion about 2 and a half months ago. First scan showed 80% has either gone or decreased in size but 20% has gotten bigger. He's just completed a week of radiation but right now he's fatigue seems to be really bad! I know radiation also causes a lot of fatigue but I'm just wondering how you are feeling now you're a few more months out? 

I hope things are going well and you continue to get great scans! 

meldad
                                                                  Participant

Hi everyone,

i know this is a fairly old post now, but I've just come across it in my search.

My dad finished his 4th infusion about 2 and a half months ago. First scan showed 80% has either gone or decreased in size but 20% has gotten bigger. He's just completed a week of radiation but right now he's fatigue seems to be really bad! I know radiation also causes a lot of fatigue but I'm just wondering how you are feeling now you're a few more months out? 

meldad
                                                                    Participant

Hi everyone,

Viewing 20 reply threads
                                                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                                                About the MRF Patient Forum

The MRF Patient Forum is the oldest and largest online community of people affected by melanoma. It is designed to provide peer support and information to caregivers, patients, family and friends. There is no better place to discuss different parts of your journey with this cancer and find the friends and support resources to make that journey more bearable.

The information on the forum is open and accessible to everyone. To add a new topic or to post a reply, you must be a registered user. Please note that you will be able to post both topics and replies anonymously even though you are logged in. All posts must abide by MRF posting policies.

Popular Topics